• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Dolmar PS7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
Reaction score
Bought this saw new in May 2010 an have only used it a couple times to take down some big cottonwood trees

It runs great but just sits on shelf and never gets used anymore , have 32" bar and chain that come with it

I am asking $750 cash for it and only willing to have it picked up in person , I live in central Wisconsin so if interested give me shout.

Update on this saw , went to run the other day and it ran erratic so took to the original Dolmar dealer that I bought from in 2010

He says the boot connecting the carb, to the cylinder is broken and will have to dismantle to repair .....I said just do what needs to be done and go over everything while your at it , estimates costs will be around $150 so now not certain on where I am at with selling this

Best I can say at this point things are negotiable and if I wind up keeping the saw........oh well

I have a blue makita 7901, essentially the same saw. For its size, one of the most powerful saws I’ve ever run.
Yes it is a strong saw and will pull a 32" bar , I only used that a couple times to take care of some huge cottonwoods.
The cottonwood is a real soft tree actually and was simple to rip through but did run that 32"bar through a 37" red oak that a tornado knocked over on my neighbors farm .......it cut it but don't think it was that great really

Still for sale?
Just got the saw back yesterday from original Dolmar dealer where I bought the saw in 2010 , the repair cost was $200 .....he had to replace the intake boot , fuel lines, decompression valve and he did all the other small stuff like rim sprocket ,air filter, spark plug , gas filter plus he said he rebuilt the carb .

Now with the extra $200 to straighten out my mistake of letting a saw sit with ethanol gas I decide to just keep it for now and start taking care of things better , I only used the saw a few times through all these years and do have trees that will justify keeping it eventually , it will sit without any gas now and I will only run 91 octane with no ethanol in it ........with the saws original price plus bars and chains and now a $200 repair bill there is a grand into this thing, I don't expect to get that back but just have to call it an investment ( How long did I let the saw sit with the ethanol in it , around a year so now I feel like a dope )

Sorry for the confusion on this but I honestly did not not know all the problems existed with this saw, I would never try to pass off defective equipment to anybody and in my original post it was mentioned that I only wanted to sell in person so nothing was trying to be hidden from anyone

I want to close this post but don't want to close it as SOLD , can a moderator help out with this , Thanks

Just got the saw back yesterday from original Dolmar dealer where I bought the saw in 2010 , the repair cost was $200 .....he had to replace the intake boot , fuel lines, decompression valve and he did all the other small stuff like rim sprocket ,air filter, spark plug , gas filter plus he said he rebuilt the carb .

Now with the extra $200 to straighten out my mistake of letting a saw sit with ethanol gas I decide to just keep it for now and start taking care of things better , I only used the saw a few times through all these years and do have trees that will justify keeping it eventually , it will sit without any gas now and I will only run 91 octane with no ethanol in it ........with the saws original price plus bars and chains and now a $200 repair bill there is a grand into this thing, I don't expect to get that back but just have to call it an investment ( How long did I let the saw sit with the ethanol in it , around a year so now I feel like a dope )

Sorry for the confusion on this but I honestly did not not know all the problems existed with this saw, I would never try to pass off defective equipment to anybody and in my original post it was mentioned that I only wanted to sell in person so nothing was trying to be hidden from anyone

I want to close this post but don't want to close it as SOLD , can a moderator help out with this , Thanks
Most important things are to use a high quality 2 stroke oil. Klotz, Amsoil Sabre at 50 to 1 Red Armor, MaxPro by Red Max are some of my favorite. The oil is just as important as the fuel. YouTube has videos on how to make ethanol free gas. It's very easy and thats what I have been using on all my stock saws. 93 Octane pump gas and take the ethanol out of it. I regret selling my 7900. Favorite saw of all time.

I will lock the thread for now, you can contact me or one of the other moderators if you want to open it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back