Don't burn pine , pine burning thread .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubar

treehugger
Reaction score
the hilll's of East Tn, third rock from the sun
DON'T BURN PINE , i hear that a lot coupled with stop burning pine LOL ,
i burn a lot of beetle kill pine , most the time its standing dead perfectly seasoned , its free , people give it to me just to get rid of the trees , its not my preferred fire wood ,i actually prefer cedar and sourwood , but hey dry pine is better than wet oak or no wood at all , who else here burns pine ? your tips and tricks for burning pine ?

I burn pine and other soft woods early in the season, Oct. thru Dec., switch to hard woods for Jan., Feb., and hopefully Mar., then back to pine to finish off the year. I too get a lot of it given to me, just have to pick it up, sometimes it's delivered. Free heat is never a bad thing.

I burn SYP in my workshop barrel stove quite often and haven't had any issues. There's an endless free supply of it here in the southeast but I don't know of anyone that heats with it in a home. It gets pushed in a brush pile and burned. One thing about my shop stove is that the pipe goes straight up and out the roof. No turns.

I love love love pine. We burn the snot out of swamp pine (Tamarac) and get a load delivered every year.

Excellent to have as the bottom pieces first thing in the morning to get things going quick.

And that sweet sweet pitch for that little extra punch.

Hmmmm I burn pine, Doug fir, and spruce, because that's 99% of what we have. There's piss elm around and a little black locust and walnut, but most of that is hard to come by. I can goto the mountains and get a load of pine or I can got north of town a mile and cut a load of sage brush.... I'm pretty sure the pine is the better choice

I love love love pine. We burn the snot out of swamp pine (Tamarac) and get a load delivered every year.

Excellent to have as the bottom pieces first thing in the morning to get things going quick.

And that sweet sweet pitch for that little extra punch.

I have some Tamarack in the stacks to use as sauna wood this fall. Can't wait to light the stuff up!

who else here burns pine ? your tips and tricks for burning pine ?
I burn pine...usually in the morning to get things going quick,/ on the weekends while I'm home to load the stove more often...
tips for burning pine? try lighting it on fire...with your preferred fire starting instrument...as fire usually helps when trying to burn pine:yes:...or anything

I think we need to sticky that link that shows that seasoned pine actually puts out less creosote causing chemicals. I'm amazed at how foolish people are. I had a guy tell me birch bark also causes chimney fires.
If you do that word might get out that you CAN burn pine and nobody who is getting it for free wants that - people will start wanting black walnut price for their "highly valuable conifers". So let's just keep the secret between us. :clap:

Isn't it ironic that in the cold climes, conifers are the predominant wood and here in the south we have tons of oak, hickory, sweet gum, tupelo, and other stuff. We don't have near the cold that ya'll have up there but still go through a fair amount of wood... Speaking of wood, I moved a cord of wood to the woodshed area behind the house today. I usually have that filled by the middle of summer but I'm way behind. That's next years wood. I then chipped up a pile of brush about the size of a garage and I'm whupped.

Back