Dosko

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocko

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has anyone on here had any experience with Dosko chippers? my mechanic has a 9 inch for sale.It looks like a well built machine but whenever he rents it out there always seems to be some kind of breakdown on it.

From what I've heard they are fairly good, haven't seen many around here though. Maybe it's the people that rent it, and don't know how to run it properly or abuse it. What rental shop do you work at?

It is in Elmvale,the chipper has been sitting for 2 years.They maintain it and start it up once in a while,the thing still looks like new,the last guy that rented it must have tried to put a metal bar through it and took the chipper disc right out.(it has since been repaired) I see you are in Horseshoe Valley,what company are you with?

It is in Elmvale,the chipper has been sitting for 2 years.They maintain it and start it up once in a while,the thing still looks like new,the last guy that rented it must have tried to put a metal bar through it and took the chipper disc right out.(it has since been repaired) I see you are in Horseshoe Valley,what company are you with?

pm sent, yeah you are only 15 minutes from me:msp_biggrin:

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Dosko 510sd for my small tree business. We badly need a chipper and the choices I'm faced with are the Dosko, with minimal use, and a much stronger 50 horse power engine added aftermarket, and two chuck and duck chippers. I don't have a problem with C&D's. They are fast and effective as in my experience, but I have only worked with one. That is obviously not enough to base any type of decision.

The rub I face is that I can't find much info on Dosko chippers. It seems like they have a very functional, well thought out design that looks like it should be a simple workhorse of a machine with normal maintenance, and lack of abuse. Unfortunately I can't find a single review about this chipper. The stock engine is clearly underpowered for a 6"chipper at 15 hps, however this unit has a 50hps motor on it. That seems like this chipper should be the mother of all small chippers to me. I'm baffled that I can't find a review, complaint, or ***** about this chipper on the internet.

Does anyone have experience running this thing? How does it perform? Is it on par or better than a 6" vermeer? Someone has to have had some experience with this thing and I'm looking for opinions and observations from people that know what they are talking about.

Thanks

Back