• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Drone Practice and Possible Albino Redwood Foliage

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Last October, I bought an extra used camera for a wedding, and recently listed it on Craigslist. A guy offered his DJI Spark Drone. I'm surprised how stable the unit can fly. I'm a complete newb to controls, and did a practice run at an urban coast redwood tree. And it looks like the tree may have albino foliage. One guy who is somewhat an albino redwood expert replied that the foliage is albino. Anyway, here's a sample I shared on Youtube.

Del_

Career arborist
M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Website
www.mdvaden.com
Never heard of an albino tree before. There appears to be some green due to the chlorophyll, right?
Every albino redwood or albino growth has to emerge and remain attached to some other green tree that has chlorophyll to produce food. The albino don't do photosynthesis. There are less than 300 naturally occurring, so somewhat rare.