Drop 22in DBH Hemlock with battery powered saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtB

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yep did it, but pretty far down discharge curve at the end.
And it was a 2yo dead hemlock! Custom 120V battery pack, 1.8 A-Hr cells (rated 2 AH, but testing shows really only 1.8A-Hr B/D Li-ion)

Attachments

• 20210503_074236.jpg
    20210503_074236.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210503_074310.jpg
    20210503_074310.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 18
sorroy about the duplicate, mods please delete this one, did not see where I can delete.

A friend of mine who is an old grandma now has a battery powered chainsaw and loves it. She is out a lot cleaning up brush and blowdown on the family tree farm. She likes the quiet and the easy starting of the saw. Sounds like they are useful for folks to use for actual work.

Her husband, and old grandpa now, likes it because he now has her old saw to use if his is troublesome. He does the firewood cutting and occasional falling of danger trees and milling trees on their land.

A climber I know in town has a battery-powered top handle. He loves it. Watched him in action with it one time. So much simpler in the tree just to pull trigger and go, quiet running. He gets about an hour of steady use, and switches to the other battery that's been on charge. I predict that as battery technology improves we'll see a lot more electric saws. I wouldn't miss all the exhaust fumes I suck down.

Back