Drying out yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We moved down to the bottom of the mountain this week. No spring break-up for us. Dry down there and the frost has already come out. :D

starting to warm the ground now . temps climbing through the next ten days to bring on the mess of frost going out. dry in the woods with heavy leaves on the ground to still hide the soft spots to only find them when loaded for the out going trip.. it sucks! good thing it's only firewood at this time an 1/2 cord loads.

Nice today, 28* right now. I was working outside in just a sweatshirt and almost needed to take it off.

We have had almost two weeks of dry weather and have been planning to get the saws making chips, but no snow at the moment. At noon it started raining pretty hard with maybe a haft an inch. Hope to see some sun tomorrow. I just got a request to remove about 50 cords of nice Oak so. Thanks

Still 16" of snow in the bush, but no biggy, I'm still doing my half cord of wood everyday, but only when the need arises, which might be only two or three times a week. As long as I can keep providing wood faster than my customers can burn it, then I guess I'm in the pink.

I could do 5 cords a day and still not keep up. It is slowing down some now though, only been getting orders for 4-5 cords a week, where this fall/winter some weeks were 30 cords.

Still winter here too. 5* right now. Gets in the 20s during the day, though the sun is shining enough to melt the snow a bit.

Back