Drywall cart for moving large slabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agurkas

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Since all of my neighbors are rather elderly, I don't have anyone to ask for help, when I need to move a slab from my chainsaw milling area or from stack to my workshop. Hand trucks don't work so well (even my big wide one) when slab is 9'+ and 3-4' wide.

I was planning to weld together a flat dolly, but I came across this drywall cart and wonder if anyone is using anything like it for their slabs.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/PRO-SERIES-3000-lb-Load-Capacity-Drywall-Cart-800005/203409358

Before I get remarks about bobcats, skidsteers, and tractors - I am not looking to get murdered by my wife for getting yet another toy but now costing 5 figures

I think it’s a great idea. I’ve borrowed my brothers to move concrete countertops around and to pull slabs milled on site out of back yards, it worked awesome. Often thought of getting one myself for things like that. I have a tractor to move slabs around at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smart!
Looks like it would work great if the terrain allows it.
I gotta check that out.
Thx for the HU!

Pic of item at HD link
pro-series-drywall-carts-800005-40_1000.jpg

Good idea, I think the only thing that may give you grief are those types of wheels on soft ground. You may have to rig up (weld) a wider wheel base for it, but maybe not. Won’t know till you try it!

Your cart thing might work ok on concrete but gravel/grass/... would be a problem.
I built this contraption years ago and even though I keep meaning to make one out of steel it is doing the trick. To give perspective those are 39" tires on the ground and that slab is approx. 13' overall. Basically you get the slab balanced in the middle and push/pull from the stick end, if you need to take a break or stop the stick supports it..Basic but functional.20191124_150457.jpg 20191124_150523.jpg

I have my gantry on about the same 8" wheels that drywall cart has. We shall see. I can always cut off the casters it has and pop on 10" Harbor Freight ones.

Back