Dukes Saw Shop 346 xp 44.3 piston and cylinder kits.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the first part of that quote, but as I've said for yrs, you can keep the chini stuff, I'll figure something else out :yes:.
thats good advise...however i have been guilty of using china parts in the past/present ...i guess for some parts there ok and if no other parts are available ae: oem dryed up and no used available, or is a muffler/plastic part ect........ not a fan of china period and i am not just talking chainsaw parts.......... but that's a story not for this site ... :cool: .

My business model on chainsaws is to take saws the outdoor power equipment repair companies figure are not worth fixing, then fix them! The only way I can do it and be into the saw for less then I can sell it for is to use Chinese parts. I won't put a piston or cylinder on an Echo...I love Echos by the way and my smaller saws, less then 50 cc ....are all Echos....because the parts are so damn expensive. If I spend $200 or more on a piston and cylinder, fresh chain etc and sell the saw for $150 what have I gained? I just picked up a nice fried ms271 that won't get a new Piston and Cylinder, cause China doesn't make one, and Stihl is too much money. On any saw that doesn't have aftermarket parts made, I've been selling as parts saws whole. In my case, it is use the aftermarket part, or not fix the saw.

While I'm waiting for the $27 piston and cylinder from HLSupply, I started putting the saw it's going on together from my 350 parts bucket. I was missing the cylinder adaptor ( the one I had was OK, but had the funny coarse threads on the bottom and was missing a bolt...I wasn't secure ordering one as the expanded parts diagrams didn't mention which bolt I'd get and they were a ton of money plus crazy shipping) I ended up getting one from Farmertec yesterday and it came with the top bolts, and the local hardware store had the lower ones for 99 cents each. I had to do a fix on the throttle trigger, but it turned out OK, new crank seals, 460 Husky clutch with 7 pin sprocket and new bearing, new fuel line. I've got a new flywheel coming from Farmertec as well as a new top cover and clutch brake.....the flywheel I've got sheared the built in key. I've got all the carburetor manifold and so on ( again from China) as well as the throttle linkage etc. Also got a Chinese new muffler which I will do the mod like Old Guy recommended and I liked so well on my 350/353 build. Got a aftermarket 346 muffler brace , a 372 intake clamp and a 357 Zama carburetor . Just waiting for the flywheel, piston and cylinder and plastics to make it from China...Looks like this will be as much Chinese as Swedish. I'm hoping the squish on the new cylinder is on the tight side without a gasket as I've already glued down the bottom end, and don't want to take it apart to mill the adapter. Even with all the missing parts I had to buy on E-bay and the piston and cylinder and plastics and carburetor, I'll have about $100 into the saw. The crank assembly, crankcase, and handle are original, but everything else is aftermarket. I'm just hoping the 346 piston and cylinder won't be a disappointment.

Back