Dumb not to get the 562XP right?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A you point out -- my "research" was flawed. Don't forget the weights listed on Husqvarna.com need to probably be taken with grain of salt too.
I was looking for saw to replace 262. Was pretty set on 357XP from just looking at Husqvarna.com specs including weight, HP, CC's, etc.

Then came along and read a bunch on here... given we do handle some large rounds when cutting 10 cords for our sugaring season, having a saw than can run 28" skip chain (the 372) more and more became the logical choice.

Notice my sentence "My logic was 357XP was a pound lighter than 372 and almost rated same HP as my 262." I was comparing the HP of 357 to that of my 262 -- I think a fair comparison. Comparing that 357 is lighter than 372 that's all.

Short of what I'm saying: I was never trying to put 357XP in same class as 372. Was trying to replace my aging 262 and "anything" was up for grabs. 372 was the right choice (for me anyway!)
Not saying your research was flawed. I just miss-understood you. For running any bar over 24" you got the right saw...

Make sure it has a EL48 carb. It's clearly visible by simply removing the top cover.

Well, now I’m confused. I called the dealer I’m buying the 562 from and he assured me it’s a 2014. He gave me the serial numbers for 2 saws so I could call Husqvarna Customer Service and verify which carb is on them. Based on the serial numbers they said the carbs are EL46 models and all 562’s are built with the EL46, not the EL48. So is this some kind of Arborist tribal knowledge where someone tried an EL48 to correct a problem and then recommended it to everyone, or is there a solid basis for believing that Husky is using EL48’s to correct a known problem with the EL46???

why cant your dealer just look at the saw himself and determine what it has. also the newest 562's have the el48 from the factory.

What Terry said. Hopefully the dealer knows how to remove the air filter cover. ;) Check out the lower right hand corner of the carb body in this image:

Why is Husqvarna telling me the newest 562's have the el46 and never came with the el48????

Determine your source of information - my guess is the number you are calling leads to call center of folks who never/rarely ran a saw and simply read off of an outdated spec sheet. Then your other source is folks who know and run saws. Who are you going to trust?
If your warning signals aren't flashing better check them - A dealer who'd rather give you a phone number to customer service isn't who I'd trust to sell me a saw. I drive past three dealers to get to the one I trust. I agree with folks above - buy from this site/sponsors the saw you were originally after - 555 and get some personal protective equipment and files with the left over cash and peace of mind.

because whoever you talked to doesn't have a clue

Determine your source of information - my guess is the number you are calling leads to call center of folks who never/rarely ran a saw and simply read off of an outdated spec sheet. Then your other source is folks who know and run saws. Who are you going to trust?
If your warning signals aren't flashing better check them - A dealer who'd rather give you a phone number to customer service isn't who I'd trust to sell me a saw. I drive past three dealers to get to the one I trust. I agree with folks above - buy from this site/sponsors the saw you were originally after - 555 and get some personal protective equipment and files with the left over cash and peace of mind.

Got it and you all are right, Husqvarna Customer Service is a waste. My local dealer says the original 562 carb was the EL44 which was replaced by the EL46 now superseded by the EL48. Hard to believe I couldn’t get that from customer service. Anyway the saws at the local dealer all have EL48 carbs. So my warm fuzzy feeling is back. THANK YOU ALL!!!

Put it this way, when I called Husqvarna about the EL46 carb issues they said I need to take it to my dealer and have the carb adjusted.:confused::dizzy:

Me personally, if my dealer didnt know how to pop the top cover and verify 2 numbers I surly wouldn't buy a saw from them... especially one with Autotune!

Buy one from Terry (tlandrum) and be done with it.

Got it and you all are right, Husqvarna Customer Service is a waste. My local dealer says the original 562 carb was the EL44 which was replaced by the EL46 now superseded by the EL48. Hard to believe I couldn’t get that from customer service. Anyway the saws at the local dealer all have EL48 carbs. So my warm fuzzy feeling is back. THANK YOU ALL!!!

The warm and fuzzy will come after you run the saw for yourself. My 562 keeps getting better with age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it this way, when I called Husqvarna about the EL46 carb issues they said I need to take it to my dealer and have the carb adjusted.:confused::dizzy:

Me personally, if my dealer didnt know how to pop the top cover and verify 2 numbers I surly wouldn't buy a saw from them... especially one with Autotune!

Buy one from Terry (tlandrum) and be done with it.
You read his last post? He did get the info needed from his dealer...

Bottom line is I wouldn’t have had a clue about any of this if not for the help I received here, and could have ended up with a 562 saw with an el46 carb from another dealer. He called me back today and said the saw he has in stock has the 46 carb on it. If you guys hadn’t warned me, I might have tried to get a better price from him and would have ended up with an older 562. Can’t thank you all enough for all the help! The dealer I'm buying from has saws with el48 carbs.

I assume your referring to the original EL46 carb's, but from what I've just learned from the AS members the EL48 resolves those problems.

Going to get the 562 tomorrow, (but checking that carb first), thanks to everyone for their opinions and knowledge. AS is a great site and source of information for amateur "arborists" like myself.

Anyone want to buy a one owner pro mac 610 with a new 20 in b&c (see how quickly I learn) for $100? It still runs and cuts great, I'm just upgrading.
no but i got one sitting on my bench farmer dug it out of his barn and brought it to me to see if i can get it running i cant even find seals and the piston and cylinder are smoked
ill give you 45 dollars for the 610 if the saw is still in decent shape

Attachments

• IMG_20141205_142803859.jpg
    IMG_20141205_142803859.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 30
my 562xp is awsome i like it lot and cuts great it has the EL46 carburetor on it and runs flawlessly. did i miss the a update service bulletin or somthing and i just did a software update to it like a year or so ago. and like i said never a problem runs top notch
when did the EL46 start having issues i was aware of the EL44, but i didnt hear anything on the EL46 OR EL48 carburetors

Latest posts

Back