Dyno tested....Mastermind's ported 261cm vs Stock 261cm Gotta see this one.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm beat but got the testing done tonight. My rpm sensor wouldn't read past 11500 rpms. I'd still like to test up to 13000 if I can get a shaft rpm sensor that will read that high.
Wow Randy this is a hot 261cm.
Masterminds261cmvsstock261cm_zps7aecf5ff.jpg

Very cool, and thanks for taking the time to do all this. I would love to get you my screw carb 261 that Randy Masterminded to see how it compares to the Mtronic. You rock Chad! What does Randy say? Something about the kind of feedback that's good to get....

Wow! Never got the ported saw high enough to see the power drop off!!

I've said this in other dyno threads - but I'll repeat it anyway - it's not peak power that shows work capacity of an engine, it's area under the graph. And that's an amazing increase in area under the graph!!!!!!!

Seriously, from 8000ish up it's making more than standard at peak.

Can't wait to see what a converted 038 Super to Magnum ported will do.....impressive numbers for sure.

Looking at the linear rise of the power, there is a sudden dip. I wonder in this this case if it might have been some light detonation. If so, then that dip might not be there when cutting wood.

A dyno puts an extended load on an engine and the heat builds up. Maybe a flash run up to the dip might tell us more.

Chad, that dyno of yours is truly fantastic.

Latest posts

Back