EAB os in our County.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
so I started felling some of our Ash this spring, I felled a total of ten. So far I have six face cord stacked with another three if not four face cord left, I'll have what's split stacked before the end of the week unless mother nature says no.

Attachments

• 101_9074.JPG
    101_9074.JPG
    310.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 101_9075.JPG
    101_9075.JPG
    798.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 101_9076.JPG
    101_9076.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 101_9091.JPG
    101_9091.JPG
    807.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 101_9094.JPG
    101_9094.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 101_9331.JPG
    101_9331.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 26
Won't belong before all the Ash is dead.

Now to relate a story of my trip home from VN in 1967. Every time the plane got close to a place where it was going tro land the cabin was sprayed heavy with some really stinking crap. We were told they had to do that so we didn't import and bad bugs to any country includeing the USA.

Yes the cargo ships are allow to travel from China and other countrys and off load in the USA. they do not have to bomb the hold or conex boxes to kill a thing that may be imported.

They can fill their bilge with forgien water then dump it in american waters like our great lakes so we have invasive fish that seen to be non eatable.

:D Al

Yep. Up here in Ontario Canada is truly a shame and is causing havoc. Provincial parks and campgrounds are turning naked. Municipalities are having are hard time getting the dangerous trees down. Tree felling services are over whelmed with the work. Firewood companies are over stocked. I have taken down about 25 dangerous trees around my house. I have about another 25 to go....

Not all Ash. Apparently Mountain Ash and a couple other varieies are not liked by the borer.

Was at a rest area not to far from here. Pretty big one with several acres and a few hundred trees. I noticed many had an X, and after a bit I saw they were all Ash. I walked around to count. I don't remember now, but I think it was around 40 or 50. Not huge, but not small.

Not all Ash. Apparently Mountain Ash and a couple other varieies are not liked by the borer.

Was at a rest area not to far from here. Pretty big one with several acres and a few hundred trees. I noticed many had an X, and after a bit I saw they were all Ash. I walked around to count. I don't remember now, but I think it was around 40 or 50. Not huge, but not small.

Mountain Ash is of the genus Sorbus. White and Green Ash is Fraxinus. Mountain Ash is actually in the rose family. Not a true Ash.

Latest posts

Back