Eagar, AZ This Weekend!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitemountain

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Most in the know will know this weekend is Eagar Daze. Eagar Daze is always the first weekend in August. Beautiful country, and should be a good time. Good luck to all competitors and stay safe in my backyard!

I'm heading out in the morning. Got my reservation at the El Jo, and I'm ready to rip, ravel, and sling some gravel.
I'll see if I can talk my wife into taking a few video's for us to enjoy.:)

Andy

We just got back from Eagar a little while ago. Everyone there had a great time.
They're supposed to send me the results, and I'll post them when I get them.
I do remember that I won the overall, Lonnie Baca got 2nd overall, and Ray Castillo got 3rd overall.
Looking at my pay envelopes I got;
1st in the Axe throw. I got 3 bulls eyes. :D
3rd in the Choker race
3rd in the 60cc chainsaw
3rd in the modified chainsaw
1st in the Over 5 cu in chainsaw
1st in the Bike saw class

Lonnie Baca & me got 1st in the crosscut.
Lonnie, Ray, & me got 1st in the 3 man relay.

Andy

Awesome!!

Glad you did so well. Looking forward already to next year.

It wasn't possible for me to make it this year, but I will see you all next time. I still hope you guys can make it here Sept. 19 for the Cloudcroft show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the men's results. I'm having trouble with my computer loading video's. I'll get some posted if I get it figured out.

Choker race: 1st Ray Castillo, 2nd Michael Frazier, 3rd Andy Olsen

Log toss: 1st Jordan Hartman, 2nd Isaac Meyers, 3rd John Henderson

Axe throw: 1st Andy Olsen, 2nd Lonnie Baca, 3rd Ray Castillo

Underhand chop: 1st Ray Castillo, 2nd Levi Reed, 3rd Lonnie Baca

0-60cc saws: 1st Larry Jones, 2nd Vince Marsh Sr., 3rd Andy Olsen

5 cube saws: 1st Levi Reed, 2nd Leon Baldonado, 3rd ?

Over 5 cube saws: 1st Andy Olsen, 2nd Larry Jones, 3rd Vince Marsh Jr.

Hotsaw (chainsaw): 1st Larry Jones, 2nd Lonnie Baca, 3rd Andy Olsen

Open modified (bikesaws): 1st Andy Olsen, 2nd Larry Jones, 3rd Leon Baldonado

Crosscut: 1st Andy Olsen/Lonnie Baca, 2nd Vince Marsh Sr/Vince Marsh Jr, 3rd Levi Reed/Kenny Witt

Relay: 1st Ray Castillo/Lonnie Baca/Andy Olsen, 2nd Vince Marsh Sr/Vince Marsh Jr/Lonnie Baca, 3rd Leon Baldonado/Levi Reed/Kenny Witt

Pole felling: 1st Andy Olsen, 2nd Lonnie Baca, 3rd Ray Castillo

Andy

I haven't been to Eagar Daze in a few years. I would love to go and meet other AS members. I will probably miss it again this year since my wife is due to give birth on the 6th of August and wont be let out until late on the 7th. Hope you do well.

I will be there.
Sounds like fun.
It would be nice to talk to some fellow AS members!

Last edited:
I haven't been to Eagar Daze in a few years. I would love to go and meet other AS members. I will probably miss it again this year since my wife is due to give birth on the 6th of August and wont be let out until late on the 7th. Hope you do well.

That's no excuse! She can have that baby without you being there. You've got to get your priority's straight. :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding. Congradulations on being a Daddy. :clap:

Andy

That's no excuse! She can have that baby without you being there. You've got to get your priority's straight. :hmm3grin2orange:

Just kidding. Congradulations on being a Daddy. :clap:

Andy

Thanks. Yeah this is our 7th :jawdrop: (yeah I know what causes that!) so she is an old pro. If you can, post some pics of what I will miss. Maybe I will be there next year.

Thanks. Yeah this is our 7th :jawdrop: (yeah I know what causes that!) so she is an old pro. If you can, post some pics of what I will miss. Maybe I will be there next year.

Only the 7th? Shoot, you've still got 3 more to go to catch up with my wife & me. You'd better get buisy. :cheers:
I'll try to get some pics & video.

Andy

Only the 7th? Shoot, you've still got 3 more to go to catch up with my wife & me. You'd better get buisy. :cheers:
I'll try to get some pics & video.

Andy

10!! holy crap. I better not tell my wife because she would be all for it. I don't know if I could do another.

Back