Eastonmade Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His splitters prices are better than Timberwolf and the machines appear to be built just as well, if not better. The cycle time on the big machine ( the 12-22) is better than a comparable TW5 or TW6. And at a much cheaper price too boot. Plus the goodies to make it as productive and usable as possible are included. Such as the 6 way wedge, table grate, log lift. I don't like how the table grate, 6 way, and log lift are optional upcharges on the TW5 and TW6. Im sorry, but for machines that size and at that pricepoint, it should be standard equipment. If I was looking for a hydraulic monster, I don't see how I could justify the extra cost of a Timberwolf.

How is the service at Eastonbuilt?

His splitters prices are better than Timberwolf and the machines appear to be built just as well, if not better. The cycle time on the big machine ( the 12-22) is better than a comparable TW5 or TW6. And at a much cheaper price too boot. Plus the goodies to make it as productive and usable as possible are included. Such as the 6 way wedge, table grate, log lift. I don't like how the table grate, 6 way, and log lift are optional upcharges on the TW5 and TW6. Im sorry, but for machines that size and at that pricepoint, it should be standard equipment. If I was looking for a hydraulic monster, I don't see how I could justify the extra cost of a Timberwolf.

How is the service at Eastonbuilt?
I know, I don't think timberwolf is gonna keep up with a 12-22, let alone a 38-40. He uses an 8" beam on all the splitters... i literally talked to him for an hour while hunting the one day. Very responsive and helpful. He is based in Ontario though, but I bet he'd make it right if something went wrong.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

No brand loyalty here. Love to run one of these splitters, with a three foot deep by five foot wide table on each side of the out feed table for resplitting, like airplane wings along side and behind the wedge. Clear the wedge with a second full round and pull the big pieces from the out feed onto the staging tables. That is a two man splitter. Needs a log lift on both sides, a ten gallon fuel tank, a cup holder on each side, and thirty cord of rounds. Jrider may have to upgrade. I've never been a fan of the TW wedge design. This one is nice. Narrow, adjustable, no cylinder in the way. TW's floating four-way wedge often gets lifted and pushed off.

Edit: The wings could be like a sliding table that could be pulled forward next to the beam when the log lift is down.

No brand loyalty here. Love to run one of these splitters, with a three foot deep by five foot wide table on each side of the out feed table for resplitting, like airplane wings along side and behind the wedge. Clear the wedge with a second full round and pull the big pieces from the out feed onto the staging tables. That is a two man splitter. Needs a log lift on both sides, a ten gallon fuel tank, a cup holder on each side, and thirty cord of rounds. Jrider may have to upgrade. I've never been a fan of the TW wedge design. This one is nice. Narrow, adjustable, no cylinder in the way. TW's floating four-way wedge often gets lifted and pushed off.

Edit: The wings could be like a sliding table that could be pulled forward next to the beam when the log lift is down.
I am seriously thinking about it. Honestly though a big concern for me is no dealers. I'm a long way from Ontario. And unlike many guys in here, I'm not mr fix it. I am good at running equipment and breaking equipment but certainly not fixing equipment. Never had an inclination for it. My dad once told me in my younger years that my mechanical ability didn't go much further than opening a beer bottle!
I do need a log lift though. Not ready to go through another summer of back problems but nowhere near ready to stop processing 100+ cords a year with my saw and splitter.

I am seriously thinking about it. Honestly though a big concern for me is no dealers. I'm a long way from Ontario. And unlike many guys in here, I'm not mr fix it. I am good at running equipment and breaking equipment but certainly not fixing equipment. Never had an inclination for it. My dad once told me in my younger years that my mechanical ability didn't go much further than opening a beer bottle!
I do need a log lift though. Not ready to go through another summer of back problems but nowhere near ready to stop processing 100+ cords a year with my saw and splitter.
I'm sure there are people local to you that are pretty inclined when it comes to a basic machine like a splitter. There really isn't much to it. I'm in the same boat as you don't go past a oil and filter change on a vehicle. I'd encourage you to get in contact with him.

I woulf get a 12-22 comes with everything. The 9-16 is pretty close to the same price when you add everything that 12-22 comes with.

TW is name brand, and that's one reason I guess I bought their splitter. No surprises. In hind site, that really doesn't mean much.

I pulled the TW to my wife's family cottage two different times, two hundred miles round trip each time. Pulled it over to a friends house to knock out some bigger stuff, five miles one way. Turning down his gravel drive and he starts waving his hands to stop. A clip pin had dropped out, allowing the log lift cylinder rod pin to drop out, and cylinder rod end was now plowing a trench in his drive about 20' long. The log lift itself was ratchet strapped to take the bounce out of it, or it to would have dropped as well. Since then all the clip pins have been replaced with cottor pins except on the main cylinder.
Some paints gone but no damage done. The pin was up the drive another 100', but no clip pin. To me it is a design issue on machine that should have had all the bugs worked out by now. I did not report it to the company, so perhaps others have not either. If we had not found the pin three of us would have been dead in the water as far as splitting.

The point being: name brand doesn't mean crap. Eastonmade looks like a straight forward, get-er-done machine from this blog. Would love to see one and spend some time one-on-one, or maybe three-on-one.

So what is the price in US? Tax, duty, how does that work?

Latest posts

Back