Eastonmade Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You offered this to me at a cost of $32000. We have tried alternatives. I have a tremendous amount of experience in the design and fabrication of this equipment. UHMW (teflon) is far to soft and doesn't last at all even under normal conditions, Rollers dont work because they seize. The only other better alternative to phenolic that I know of is brass. I have looked into this. The cost is 20x that of phenolic. Bells has processors with thousands of hours on the original phenolic. I just don't see the advantage of driving the cost of the machine up that much for such little gain.

I used to install floor liners in the back of Dump trailers, and gravel hoppers and other machines that needed abrasion resistance.

I have one question do you know if you where actually getting UHMW when you ordered it, HMW looks the same and smells the same but defiantly doesn't hold up the same, I've seen people sell HMW liners, as UHMW for more profits.......... I do believe the only way to tell the difference I've been told is by putting it in a pail of water to figure out the density, I don't know how accurate that is though - That info came from a Mennonite

That also being said, I've been looking at the design of the pusher, and yes the bolt holds would move a bit and with heat the product will grow, if you put a sheet of 4'x8' on the ground it will grow a good 1/2" just with the heat of the sun, you almost have to put the pusher into the plastic like a shoe, and then hold hold it in place with the bolts, if you wanted to look at a design change sometime

I used to install floor liners in the back of Dump trailers, and gravel hoppers and other machines that needed abrasion resistance.

I have one question do you know if you where actually getting UHMW when you ordered it, HMW looks the same and smells the same but defiantly doesn't hold up the same, I've seen people sell HMW liners, as UHMW for more profits.......... I do believe the only way to tell the difference I've been told is by putting it in a pail of water to figure out the density, I don't know how accurate that is though - That info came from a Mennonite

That also being said, I've been looking at the design of the pusher, and yes the bolt holds would move a bit and with heat the product will grow, if you put a sheet of 4'x8' on the ground it will grow a good 1/2" just with the heat of the sun, you almost have to put the pusher into the plastic like a shoe, and then hold hold it in place with the bolts, if you wanted to look at a design change sometime

Acetal Copolymer might be suitable for the application.
https://www.plasticsintl.com/shop-by-material/acetal-copolymer

On a side note... I saw they were selling Osage Orange for $500 a cord.

Is that realistic?

I enjoy burning the occasional odd piece I get, but don’t think I would pay a premium for it.
That seems really high. I pay $170 / cord for oak, ash and hickory.

I am Looking for a face cord of Osage Orange, Mulberry, Locust and/or Red Oak if anyone knows where I can get some in NW Ohio

View attachment 543003View attachment 543004
Does anyone have any experience with one of these machines? I talked to the guy and he was very responsive and helpful. They design seems to be way better than all other 'buy-able' splitters.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Hi I met Andrew at the 2019 Bangor Maine show we bought a 22 28 with the six way wedge and bought a 8 way and a 12 way it's a awsome splitter two weeks later we bought a stk 24 conveyer the splitter puts out so much wood one man can't keep up with moving it out of the way conveyer needed

Hi I met Andrew at the 2019 Bangor Maine show we bought a 22 28 with the six way wedge and bought a 8 way and a 12 way it's a awsome splitter two weeks later we bought a stk 24 conveyer the splitter puts out so much wood one man can't keep up with moving it out of the way conveyer needed

I’m looking at the 9-16 for the home fire needs and sell off a few cord locally a year. It looks like good single handed machine. I’d just be the only owner on the west coast with one.

I’m looking at the 9-16 for the home fire needs and sell off a few cord locally a year. It looks like good single handed machine. I’d just be the only owner on the west coast with one.
Looks like you ended up with a Wolfe Ridge. Your signature says a 22c, how do you like it? What was the reason for not getting an Eastonmade?

Looks like you ended up with a Wolfe Ridge. Your signature says a 22c, how do you like it? What was the reason for not getting an Eastonmade?
The weight, the cost, made in USA, Outdoors with the Morgan’s, were the deciding factors. I’ve split 25 and sold 17 cord since I received it in January. It has been a great machine. I will make it pay for itself and my new dump trailer by fall.

The weight, the cost, made in USA, Outdoors with the Morgan’s, were the deciding factors. I’ve split 25 and sold 17 cord since I received it in January. It has been a great machine. I will make it pay for itself and my new dump trailer by fall.

Looks good. Is that poplar you’re splitting?

Back