Eastonmade Wood Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that, and all the right size wood cut into rounds, I could process what I burn in one winter, in one weekend if not in one day.

That is crazy fast. Personally, I'd rather it be a little slower and have a 4-way wedge, but different strokes for different folks I guess. It just seemed a little silly to see it get split in half so fast only to be pulled back again for a second go through the wedge. Kinda negates the quick cycle time IMO. Of course in wood that only needs split in half it'd be perfect.

Has anyone on here used a wolfe ridge splitter?

Sorry I missed this earlier.

I think @Ryan'smilling has one, he has a post about it.

Yes, I do. After seeing Sawyer Rob's three point Timberwolf I decided to go with a 36" splitter for my tractor. I called Timberwolf and priced one out. After recovering from the shock I remembered seeing Wolfe Ridge MFG splitters on our local Craigslist. I called him up, and the price he gave me was less than half of the Timberwolf price.

Now, my splitter is pretty simple. No motor, no axle, no log lift, no hydraulic adjustment for the wedge, but it seems very well done. From what I've seen from his pictures, his standalone units are the real deal, and A LOT cheaper than most competitors. Also, he builds each splitter to order, so if you want anything specific, he can do that. Also, his lead time is pretty minimal. I think from the date I visited the shop and dropped off my deposit, it was 2 or 3 weeks until I had my machine.

His stuff is definitely worth a close look.

Oh, almost forgot, here's a picture of mine. The powder coat shop messed up the accent color. It was supposed to be hot pink. :) They would have redone it, but they offered a discount to keep it as it was. I wanted to get it home and running, and didn't mind the discount, so it's purple and orange, which is pretty nice.rps20171228_102104.jpg

@Family Tree LLC, I don't know whereabouts you are in Wisconsin, but if you want to chat on the phone or stop by for a gander, send me a PM.

Attachments

• rps20171228_101912_282.jpg
    rps20171228_101912_282.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 14
That is crazy fast. Personally, I'd rather it be a little slower and have a 4-way wedge, but different strokes for different folks I guess. It just seemed a little silly to see it get split in half so fast only to be pulled back again for a second go through the wedge. Kinda negates the quick cycle time IMO. Of course in wood that only needs split in half it'd be perfect.
He has 4 ways for them:)

View attachment 543003View attachment 543004
Does anyone have any experience with one of these machines? I talked to the guy and he was very responsive and helpful. They design seems to be way better than all other 'buy-able' splitters.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Have experience, receipts, documentation along with photos, run as fast as you can. Andrew will answer you promptly and tell you everything you want and need to hear, he is a genuinely nice guy, the videos on youtube are exquisite and that's what sold me. I purchased without hesitation and this has been a very memorable experience to say the least.
I live in Illinois, 40 min south of Chicago "Elwood" and have a eastonmade splitter with a eastonmade conveyor onsite. Run as fast as you can!!!
I will begin to take the time out of my day once or twice a month for anyone that would like to visit the site for a free demo of the equipment, again I say run as fast as you can. I paid a premium and regret every minute of the day. I have photos, documentation along with direct correspondence with Andrew, again I say run as fast as you can. Andrew is aware of the structural issues and has proved his awareness of the structural issues by sending me photos of new frame design for splitter, again, I have photos, proof and direct correspondence from Andrew himself.
I have approximately 120 hours on the machine 12/18/2018 and has been a disappointment ever since, again , I have proof and willing to show everyone. I will begin posting videos on youtube of actual equipment being used by actual employees and result are far from satisfactory. Downtime, repairs, etc. etc. etc. cost money, again I say run as fast as you can.
I offered eastonmade the opportunity to better there design and products by sending me a replacement splitter and conveyor while the splitter and conveyor I paid for went to the fabrication shop for modifications at my own expense and I would disclose necessary repairs, specs and design modifications to eastonmade. Andrew respectfully declined, great! Andrew stated he would send me a new frame, great, now I have to take more time out of my day, spend more of my money on top of the 20k I already spent to to fix his problems, again I started having issues at 49 hours, run as fast as you can. I was told replacement parts were on there way and I never received "damn post office" I was told to go to the local Honda dealer for repairs, I was told to look on the internet for replacement slides all this was within 75 hours of use. I have every right to be pissed, upset, angry due to all the issues that have I have personally experienced and he told me last week 12/17/2018 @10:30am and I quote "I think it may be best if you and I part ways" what a way to stand behind your product, hip hip hooray.
The model I currently own has structural issues, beware!!!! My current model has transport issues, beware!!!! My current model may have defective steel issues, beware, there is no reason why 3/4 plate steel is bending !!!! Taking to fab shop for metal testing results, will keep everyone posted.
I have begun filming actual operational times along with documenting failures that coincide with the Honda hour meter.
Follow on youtube or facebook, Bryan Dodge & eastonmade splitter.
This will be very interesting.

Bryan,

I have offered several times to repair your machine. I have assisted you on evenings and weekends. I have offered you full replacement cost on a larger unit. I have offered you a full update and replacement on the failed parts. All of which you have refused. Not quite sure what i could have done better or differently to satisfy you. If you do want the updated parts let me know as i am more than happy to look after you.

Bryan,

I have offered several times to repair your machine. I have assisted you on evenings and weekends. I have offered you full replacement cost on a larger unit. I have offered you a full update and replacement on the failed parts. All of which you have refused. Not quite sure what i could have done better or differently to satisfy you. If you do want the updated parts let me know as i am more than happy to look after you.

You were not interested remember, I have all your emails! You stated "it was best to part ways", I have all your emails! You stated you were sending new slides after 50 hours, I have all your emails! I showed you3/4 inch plate steel that was bent and was told I put the wood in wrong or it was not cut flush?????? "WHAT"" But you were sending new edges due to a redesign. You never offered a replacement on a larger unit, you offered me a frame that would have costed me additional funds on top of the 20k that I already spent to switch over hydraulics, engine, etc, etc. More and More and More downtime.
If you bought a new car from a dealer and you had structural issues and the dealer responded with, I will send you a new frame, good luck in the future, your response would be far worse than mine now.

Yes you respond promptly, not arguing that. I purchased your equipment, I have the receipts and the hour clock does exceed 121 hours as of today 12/19/2018 and it is less than a year old.
I proposed to you a scenario that would have been ultimately in your favor where you could better your models with limited costs, better function-ability with limited costs, better transport design with limited costs, Quicker set-up times with limited costs. Your design on the splitter as well as the conveyor needs serious attention and I personally had several steel workers and fabrication shops look at unit to make it more productive without the downtime, you were not interested, I have the emails, all of them. A friend of mine personally knows a farmer that lost a finger due to a very similar design that you have on your equipment, he did sue the manufacturer and won. I was personally warned by a friend to watch myself for it doesn't happen to me.
I have sent you the photos of a few incidents personally and have proof of each and every correspondence with you. It is a strain, physically and mentally to deal with equipment failures and downtime. You own a business and you know exactly what I'm talking about.
I offered you that proposal, you weren't interested, I replied, are you absolutely sure, and you stated you were not interested. You would have gained actual insite, design mods and specs and virtually a few new design features that no one else offers, you were not interested.

I plan to use every social media outlet along with every Facebook contact I have and my friends Facebook contacts to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Please keep in mind, you stated it was best to part ways.

Sometimes as a business owner one has to make the decision to utilize their time and resources to address things that are possible to control.

The man offered to assist you, and you just continued to *****.

Your lucky he is a polite Canadian, from the tone of your first post, it doesn’t appear you could handle a response from an American.

Welcome to Arboristsite.

Let's read specifics please. What failed, when, how, etc and on what model, etc.

A friend of mine personally knows a farmer that lost a finger due to a very similar design that you have on your equipment, he did sue the manufacturer and won. I was personally warned by a friend to watch myself for it doesn't happen to me.

Is this pertaining to the detent that enables the cylinder to extend without holding the hydraulic lever? It is kind of a rare feature on a hydraulic splitter, stand right there type. I know someone who lost part of a finger on a flywheel and rack and pinion kind with that feature. If you have employees and are concerned enough to post what I quote above modify the detent or the change the valve body.

I can see from the videos one would have to kind of understand when to use it as a single blade as opposed to all those multi splitting parts that move up and down.

Back