Easy start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It’s been a few years since I’ve run this trimmer but I had to cut some woody stuff and needed the 80 tooth blade.
The old Shindaiwa C35 fired up on the first pull.
85d40d7f40f4659cf1fc2611dc301615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with the Stihl ElastoStart, basically a normal starter with just the handle having the rope attached to the handle with a short bit of massive elastic bungy cord rubber material, to dampen shock and transfer energy. Thought of retrofitting those to my gear if practical. Any advice?

i have a 180 with that elasto start, its a real spongee pull, takes a bit to get used to it but it saw starts when i pull the cord.

i have a 180 with that elasto start, its a real spongee pull, takes a bit to get used to it but it saw starts when i pull the cord.
Would you say it's an improvement over the old system or just some gimmick? Comfort, starting ease...

i dont know if its an improvement, i guess it makes starting saws easier for women or something. i got the saw used and was a good deal and it runs every time i pull the cord.
its like the cord comes out half way or so before the flywheel starts to spin.
im sure it will cost a few $$ for parts when it goes bad

That Shindawai 35 is a good machine . I was given one just because it didn't run . I had to buy a new carb for it and misc. fuel system parts but it was worth it . I didn't think I would use that much but I like it to cut small woody brush in my attempts to knock back our fence line from creeping anymore into the corn field. It has a lot of power considering the size of the engine . Shindawai never made the greatest chainsaw but their brush cutters are as good as the other big name manufactures.

Anyone have any experience with the Stihl ElastoStart, basically a normal starter with just the handle having the rope attached to the handle with a short bit of massive elastic bungy cord rubber material, to dampen shock and transfer energy. Thought of retrofitting those to my gear if practical. Any advice?
I have a 211 with one and it just feels weird. That saw is too small to really benefit from it. However, I would love one for my 660. That thing will rip your arm off if it hits enough to pop up the decomp button when you aren't expecting it.

Back