Echo 1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its got 7 mounts!
And pictures from your phone looks awesome!
Glad to do business with you mate and see someone love this model as much as i do. Fire er' up and let er' rip, dont forget to get a video of the beast running
Oh is there...I’ll have another look lol :dumb:
I will video the saw on its first start and when I’m using it at work

Oh is there...I’ll have another look lol :dumb:
I will video the saw on its first start and when I’m using it at work

4 on the rear handle side(2 up and 2 bottom)
2 at the front under the muffler
And the 7th one sits on top at the front handle to case, that will take alot of weight from long bars and all the excessive force by operator. For short bars you can remove that mount and it'll free up vibes abit, dont bother on long bars

Make sure to use the decomp, they have a lock for reason unlike most saws you'll come across. You've been warned! Lol

And the 7th one sits on top at the front handle to case, that will take alot of weight from long bars and all the excessive force by operator. For short bars you can remove that mount and it'll free up vibes abit, dont bother on long bars

Make sure to use the decomp, they have a lock for reason unlike most saws you'll come across. You've been warned! Lol
Ah yes I just looked from the bottom and there the 7th mount was

So tell me more about the lock feature on the decomp...is it just belt and braces to protect the user?
Also wrt the over-oiling (never a bad problem to have) I assume that once I have the bar and chain mounted I remove them and then expand the oil hole in the bar as per arrows to allow more oil into the bar groove? Is it as simple as that or is there more to it? I have a machinist friend that says he can expand the hole into a slot no problem. I imagine that too long a slot will be worse than standard!1296F2EE-D0A4-404F-B6FD-D2B6EB3632F2.jpeg4C900BE6-64A4-4CE4-8BB6-A52D3FC22266.jpegE37A7AFB-C5C0-42F7-913E-EA7C749EEB8C.jpeg

So...how long does it take to get one and how painful on the wallet. Been tossing around getting an 880 to be the big saw i never needed...but, i like this Echo

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So...how long does it take to get one and how painful on the wallet. Been tossing around getting an 880 to be the big saw i never needed...but, i like this Echo

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I can relate; got two 084’s but the allure of a new 1201 was too much. When I enquired it was IRO $1800 delivered PHO and luckily for me robin had one ready to go so from payment to receipt was 10 working days :rock:

If you don't need a chainbrake, I'd go with the 1201 all day. Its the one modern big saw i haven't run, but if you need a long bar saw this seems to be more of an old school big saw which I prefer over the newer speed demons. Its built like an 090 AV, which is a good thing. More torque and less finicky than an 880 it would seem to me.

What bars does this thing accept?
This is what Robin told me:-

“Echo comes with 3002 mount adapter, but the tensioner is similar to 070/090. So on a 1124 series saw bar you'll need a different hole...”
The bar in my pics above fits perfectly

So tell me more about the lock feature on the decomp...is it just belt and braces to protect the user?
Also wrt the over-oiling (never a bad problem to have) I assume that once I have the bar and chain mounted I remove them and then expand the oil hole in the bar as per arrows to allow more oil into the bar groove? Is it as simple as that or is there more to it? I have a machinist friend that says he can expand the hole into a slot no problem. I imagine that too long a slot will be worse than standard!View attachment 861964View attachment 861965View attachment 861966

Definitely mate, they come with high compression and advanced ignition from factory. Hot right out of the box, even with the decomp lock it'll still try to bite. The guys who has ran these models all say the samething, if you dont pull like you mean it. Be prepared to pay the price lol

Yes! You got that right, do that to your bar oil hole and you'll keep most of the oil in the bar and not splashing out. For anything under 42" turn the oiler to lowest setting, manual oiler is just for giggles at this point

This is what Robin told me:-

“Echo comes with 3002 mount adapter, but the tensioner is similar to 070/090. So on a 1124 series saw bar you'll need a different hole...”
The bar in my pics above fits perfectly

Exactly, that another pair of hole will let the bar swap between 1124 series and the echo + 1106 series. In your case the holes closer to the tip will suit the echo and the ones away from the tip will fit 1124 series, am i right?

Back