Echo 1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will love that saw. I love mine and run a 42 incher and it loves it. Relatively smooth for a
big saw. Been a while since i ran a 090av but i think the Echo is smoother.

Robin Wood is an ace.

You're right uncle
1201 is alot smoother than 1106/09 series and 1124 series for me in terms of handling. And power delivery is very aggressive throughout power band, neck to neck with MM 1124 series in high rpms and they still hold low rpm power

Thank you, you'll always be my no. 1 customer

That D handle puts a nice finish on that echo, yep those are my all time favourite big saws. That all aluminium muffler on the big echo will shed heat all day long and keep the motor running cool, on top of the wide heat dispersing area at the air exit on the right side. It'll last until you wear the motor out, they're designed to be ran non stop day after day. Have fun

That D handle puts a nice finish on that echo, yep those are my all time favourite big saws. That all aluminium muffler on the big echo will shed heat all day long and keep the motor running cool, on top of the wide heat dispersing area at the air exit on the right side. It'll last until you wear the motor out, they're designed to be ran non stop day after day. Have fun
Will do fella, I love using all of my saws but especially the big ones. Where is the oil adjuster btw?

I’ve got another 6 D handles without a saw so will have to keep on adding to the fleet :innocent:

Will do fella, I love using all of my saws but especially the big ones. Where is the oil adjuster btw?
I guess you missed it
It should turn 1 round, counter clock wise/turn out to reduce delivery. Clock wise/turn in to increase delivery
Oiler is powered by a cam on crank, it oils even during idle abit. Probably the simplest oiler assy ever made and most reliable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018_230145.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018_230145.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 17
Oiler assy and how it rides on the crank
Kinda bulletproof design, albeit the lesser precision in delivery control its another thing that you'll need not to worry breaking down for a long time

Attachments

• received_563605754559948.jpeg
    received_563605754559948.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 19
  • received_2597437497165124.jpeg
    received_2597437497165124.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 19
Thank you Robin. That was what I thought it was, but I didn’t see any markings relating to it so decided I’d ask :cheers: Thanks fella
Always welcome mate
You're right come to think about it they dont have any proper direction or decal to indicate where and how the oiler adjustment works on the saw like its competitors. Not good for guys like us who dont read the manuals lol

Always welcome mate
You're right come to think about it they dont have any proper direction or decal to indicate where and how the oiler adjustment works on the saw like its competitors. Not good for guys like us who dont read the manuals lol
Is it even in the manual...I did flip through it but not studied it yet. I’ll have another look :reading:

Gotta love those Echo piston oil pumps. Going on 50 years old. Pretty much were across their lineup. 302’s could oil a 36” bar with authority -lol. Even the 60’s and the 601/701’s with their unique pump designs were gushers.

They're known for building indestructible machines, their line up above 70cc's are tanks. Apart from 1201 the others are slightly underpowered for todays standard

Well the chain turned up today so I’ve mocked it up and think I’m ready to get the bar oil holes extended. The arrows on the red crankcase mark the extent of the oil slot and the arrows on the bar mark what I plan to ask my friend to machine out. It leaves about 8mm for chain stretch A7813F73-570C-4E02-9EED-80ECF4874039.jpegbefore the extended oil hole in the bar will move beyond the end of the oil slot...if that makes sense?!
Any feedback guys?
Cheers
Karl

Well the chain turned up today so I’ve mocked it up and think I’m ready to get the bar oil holes extended. The arrows on the red crankcase mark the extent of the oil slot and the arrows on the bar mark what I plan to ask my friend to machine out. It leaves about 8mm for chain stretch View attachment 862432before the extended oil hole in the bar will move beyond the end of the oil slot...if that makes sense?!
Any feedback guys?
Cheers
Karl
Looks like you've got good grasp on that idea, go for it mate it'll be fine

Back