Echo 2511T Air Filter Cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sureshotshane

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I see many have the same problem as myself, the 2511T air filter gets clogged up pretty easy and let’s particles in.

2 questions:

Can you clean this air filter with water or some other liquid cleaning product?

Can someone provide more details (perhaps pictures) about where to apply lithium grease so particles don't get in? I don’t want to get grease in anywhere it doesn’t belong.

Anybody? I want to wash in water and some super clean degreaser but don’t want to ruin the filter since they are pricey for what the are. ~$19

I think you can split the filter in half and snap it back together. I've been using dawn dish soap and water, not much soap at all. blow it off then air dry. I put a o-ring on my carb plate which helped but a few fines still get by. That little bit of fines doesn't bother me, there nothing compared to a 201tc

Anybody? I want to wash in water and some super clean degreaser but don’t want to ruin the filter since they are pricey for what the are. ~$19
where can you get them for 19? i had to pay 24 plus tax a month or so ago... use warm soapy water ...yes it comes apart be very gentle let it air dry i would buy you a 2nd one i am... Do not clean it with carb or brake cleaner it will dry it out....and screw it up . you apply the grease around the lip on the carb where lip on the intake is.I made a foam gasket and i think it works better.....

TIMG_20200129_093213.jpgIMG_20200129_093230.jpgIMG_20200129_093245.jpgIMG_20200129_093303.jpghis is really close to the way mine is he used a little grease on his if you look close you can see it....from another site but i saved his pics for when my gasket bit the dust i would remember how he did it as its a little cleaner then mine and i liked it...this should help you you to where you need to be....

I bought a spare filter on Echo Parts Online for $19.80.

Yes I take it apart to clean it with air.

That’s really helpful, thanks. What did you take that foam from to get the perfect size fit? Or did you cut and glue it to size?

I bought a spare filter on Echo Parts Online for $19.80.

Yes I take it apart to clean it with air.

That’s really helpful, thanks. What did you take that foam from to get the perfect size fit? Or did you cut and glue it to size?
I made mine to size.... His im not sure looks like he cut down a oilfilter from a old poulan micro to me...it gives you a reference on what you want to do to keep the mines out.....I like his better then mine...i will be ordering a micro oilfilter and let you know as its about time to redo mine....

Let me know what you end up going with, where you bought it and how it works out? Thanks!

Anything that is added foam should be of the closed cell variety to prevent fines and other stuff from going through it. The blue one in the photos looks to be open cell...

Anything that is added foam should be of the closed cell variety to prevent fines and other stuff from going through it. The blue one in the photos looks to be open cell...
Yea but he greased it so it will catch them... I used foam from a lawn mower filter as a fast hack and it worked No issues at all... And i do palms close shave Hurricane cuts and it kept out the fines...Mine was a little tighter foam them his ...I would try it and check after each use if you get fines ya gotta switch to something else...It really only pulls them in around that base the filter works fine... Plus you can buy a debris shield from echo that helps also...My fix worked on the palms so thats about the dirtiest thing you can cut....Its a trial and error thing... But Should point the OP in the right Direction...

Back