ECHO 2511T and the Husqvarna T525?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I visited the dealer and got distracted by the ECHO 2511T and the Husqvarna T525. Both seem aimed at the Stihl MS150T.
The ECHO can take a 14" bar and is alot cheaper than the Husqvarna but both are only about 6 pounds for the powerhead. The ECHO is tiny.
ECHO made in Japan and the Husqvarna in Sweden.
Anyone have either?

I also have the 2511T. It's tiny, super light weight & runs like a champ. I use it for trail maintenance, both hiking & carrying it on my dirt bike. I cut from branches (fast) up to a fallen tree that swallows the 14 inch bar (not so fast). For 23 cc it does an amazing job. Highly recommended.

I also have the 2511T. It's tiny, super light weight & runs like a champ. I use it for trail maintenance, both hiking & carrying it on my dirt bike. I cut from branches (fast) up to a fallen tree that swallows the 14 inch bar (not so fast). For 23 cc it does an amazing job. Highly recommended.

That was one thought, for hauling out on the trail for whatever may come.

New question on the 2511T; how are the vibrations? I didn't notice springs like the bigger brother.
I watched a test video of the T525 and it seems to be jumping all around. I guess that's one advantage of having more weight.

New question on the 2511T; how are the vibrations? I didn't notice springs like the bigger brother.

Handle has a spring on the side handle and the rubber bush mounts on the main handle like the 355T.

I didn't notice any significant vibrations, "feels" like a chainsaw to me. I am only on tank 5 though. It is so small I am not sure how much vibes it could make. I have had the chain chatter (91VXL) that others have mentioned elsewhere here on the site in some harder (petrified) wood occasionally. I just throttle up/down or drag the bar back and forth & it smooths out. That is purely a chain issue though & I am too cheap to try something else!

My only handle complaint is the angle the side handle loops back to the rear at.
When I hike I like to pack my saw "fill caps up" by the side handle & the funky angle makes this a bit awkward but not impossible because of the insanely diminutive size & light weight.
I wish the handle looped straight around like the 355T. There, I said it!

Handle has a spring on the side handle and the rubber bush mounts on the main handle like the 355T.
I didn't notice any significant vibrations, "feels" like a chainsaw to me.

The reason I ask is that one of mine makes my hands numb and the other does not.
Husqvarna rates the vibration levels in their equipment specs for comparison. Unfortunately ECHO doesn't seem to do that.

Maybe the jumping around that I saw on a couple Husky T525 videos was a chain issue that you mentioned. Perhaps that is a drawback of ultralight saws in general but I didn't see that in videos of the Stihl MS150.

The reason I ask is that one of mine makes my hands numb and the other does not.
Husqvarna rates the vibration levels in their equipment specs for comparison. Unfortunately ECHO doesn't seem to do that.

Maybe the jumping around that I saw on a couple Husky T525 videos was a chain issue that you mentioned. Perhaps that is a drawback of ultralight saws in general but I didn't see that in videos of the Stihl MS150.

The MS150 uses that tiny .043 1/4 pitch stuff, Echo is 3/8 .050. Any chance your dealer has a demo saw for you to cut some rounds?

When I hike I like to pack my saw "fill caps up" by the side handle & the funky angle makes this a bit awkward but not impossible because of the insanely diminutive size & light weight.
I wish the handle looped straight around like the 355T. There, I said it!

How long does it run on a tank of fuel?

Love my little Echo 2511 as I take it everywhere I go just about. I have a 10" and a 14" bar as it handles the 14" good, but I keep the 10" on mostly. It is easy to start, loaded with compression, lite as feather and will flat out cut for the size.

I don't have a 2511T, but I do have an Echo CS 271T. it was the smallest couple yrs ago. now the 2511T is. I really like it! a real powerhouse, that is for sure. cuts 12-14" logs no problem. great on smaller, too. keep a sharp chain and its like a hot knife thru butter. :D well, imo! I take it everywhere I go I may need a saw handy... I like using it, no vibration issues at all! but I don't run my saws barehanded, always with gloves!

PA280015.JPG

Back