ECHO 2511T and the Husqvarna T525?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings. I just received this echo from Rob. Fast shipping, great packaging, a couple freebies thrown in. All in all great service.
The saw is pretty nice.
Definitely not as solid feeling as my T525, but a great cutter.
I live in SC and have 1 palm tree in my yard, so I have no idea why exactly I purchased 4 372XPs, 1 390XP, 1 x T525, 1 T435 (going back, total piece of crap IMO), and 1 550xp in the past 3 weeks, and now this echo...
I bought a 372 in 2016 and thought the saw was amazing cutting a bunch of oversized white oak pilings.
Whatever that disease is you guys talk about... well, yea, it sucks.
Anyway, here's a picture comparing the 2511 to the 525.
I'll be selling 2 of my new 372XP's soon. Or getting divorced.
Thanks.
IMG_20191015_135729.jpg

Noticing posts about alternate bars and chains for the CS2511T, is there a reason that users who switched to a Stihl chain are needing to use an altered Stihl bar?
There appears to be both .043 and .050 ECHO bars for the saw so is there something in particular that prevents a Stihl chain from fitting one of those bars?

Noticing posts about alternate bars and chains for the CS2511T, is there a reason that users who switched to a Stihl chain are needing to use an altered Stihl bar?
There appears to be both .043 and .050 ECHO bars for the saw so is there something in particular that prevents a Stihl chain from fitting one of those bars?
44 drive link stihl chain often available buy two get three fit a standard sized Stihl bar. 90 class Oregon chain and 61 class Stihl chain will fit the same to a saw. The Stihl is pre stretched and the loops are a touch longer. The Oregon 90 class chain uses a larger file than any other 3/8lp chain I am aware of.

Try some plunge cuts and see the difference. The Small Stihl bar is like $30 most likely higher quality.

Here you go @Snap . What surprises me is that once ported the need to switch to 1/4 pitch isn't necessary anyone. I had faster cut times with the stock 3/8lp setup than I did with a 1/4 setup. I'm sure they both could cut faster with different filing. Both chains were completely stock.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...o-2511t-muffler-mod-info.338452/#post-7119602

There is the 13rm Stihl 1/4 inch chain and the picco kind perhaps has a 71 in the code.

44 drive link stihl chain often available buy two get three fit a standard sized Stihl bar. 90 class Oregon chain and 61 class Stihl chain will fit the same to a saw. The Stihl is pre stretched and the loops are a touch longer. The Oregon 90 class chain uses a larger file than any other 3/8lp chain I am aware of.

Try some plunge cuts and see the difference. The Small Stihl bar is like $30 most likely higher quality.

Thanks. I'd rather not MM a bar to fit at this point. Good info matching the Oregon 90 to Stihl 61. I'll look into it.

Too many complainants by more seasoned users than I about maintaining 1/4" chain. That would be a last resort.

If you watch that video I posted I explain what it cost me to switch from 3/8lp to 1/4. Which was $120. Now after porting I found the 3/8lp to cut just fine and faster than the 1/4. I charge $240 for a full port job and many others are in that same ball park. I'd just run the stock 3/8lp setup and use the saved money towards having it ported. I bought the 1/4 setup because I was under the impression that was the way to go. If I had ported my saw first I would not have seen a reason to switch.

I found the simple answer to why Stihl chains are not being fitted to ECHO bars for the 2511T. Almost all Stihl chains are .050 gage and a different number of links than the ECHO bars take. Mystery solved.

There don't seem to be many direct fit options for the 12" bar length for the 2511T. ECHO has the .043 bar and 90PX chain from the 271T. Someone suggested that but no feedback on how it worked out.

For Stihl 0.043 gauge 3/8lp (61pmm3) the normal dl count is 44. 50, and 55. I had the dealership make me a 39 dl loop once for an Efco pole pruner.

So would a 44 possibly fit where the ECHO is 45, perhaps with the adjustment to the slack end?

I chose this lately. The price for these is more competitive than the Husqvarna or Stihl battery choices.

I would expect your 334t would work with 44 dl on the called for 45dl bar in the 12" size class, most bars seem king of far from the sprocket for called dl# To go gasoline at this time (year 2020) in the top handle class would be mainly for the fuel capacity. xcu06 new saw.jpg xcu06 new saw.jpg This one pictured you could realistically have a battery on the saw and two in pockets of overalls or some front pockets.

I chose this lately. The price for these is more competitive than the Husqvarna or Stihl battery choices.

I would expect your 334t would work with 44 dl on the called for 45dl bar in the 12" size class, most bars seem king of far from the sprocket for called dl# To go gasoline at this time (year 2020) in the top handle class would be mainly for the fuel capacity. View attachment 791517 View attachment 791517 This one pictured you could realistically have a battery on the saw and two in pockets of overalls or some front pockets.

I looked at Husqvarna battery saws. The cost of batteries and decent charger on the pro model puts the price way out there, too much for the average non-professional, especially since those types of batteries have a fixed life.

Back