Echo 2511T Dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

250R

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to add on a dawg to my saw. I've never run a saw without them. I'm not a big fan of mashing the case in the wood. Is there an online store where I can buy it with the hardware?

I ordered mine from the dealer ($12) but I feel like it's too small. I believe a 200t dawg will bolt on, but I haven't tried it yet.

Make sure you have the right screws to mount it. The attachment points are in the plastic tank and the wrong screws will crack it.

I don't think the 2511T uses the same spike as the 590/600,the page you linked has the PNs for the spike of each saw and in the 2511T case is the :C304000000.Link says it requires the 2 screws that sold seperately PN:V805000240 X2.

C304000000 $2-$4 depending where you buy. https://www.ereplacementparts.com/spike-p-507307.html

bolts V8050002402BOLT, TORX 5×12 https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bolt-torx-5x12-p-975278.html

part_C304000000.gif

Think I'd like a little spike on mine too, gonna grab those parts. Anyone else already order them and confirm them mount ok on the 2511?

The little spike pictured above mounts perfectly. I have seen Stihl spikes mounted as well, which seems more aggressive. The little Echo spike is a bit short in thick bark or an angled cut.

Make sure you get the right coarse thread screws. If you force screws that are too wide or long you will ruin your fuel tank.

The little spike pictured above mounts perfectly. I have seen Stihl spikes mounted as well, which seems more aggressive. The little Echo spike is a bit short in thick bark or an angled cut.

Make sure you get the right coarse thread screws. If you force screws that are too wide or long you will ruin your fuel tank.

Standard hardware store M5x12 with .8 thread? I picked up a couple and all they had were .8 thread but it sure looks like a fine thread.

I don't remember if the tank is pre-threaded or not. I don't recall that it was but you can just look at the holes in clear light and see. If not just use a course screw that won't go in too far and that the center part of the screw isn't bigger than the hole and you should be fine with whatever. I wouldn't use fine thread unless maybe you just throw some blue locktite on them or something.

Latest posts

Back