ECHO 2511WES(rear handled 2511T) released in the UK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've posted this on the 2511T thread, but thought that some others not following it closely may benefit from posting this here.

I know some folks in the US don't want to wait another potential 1-2 years for the ECHO 2511WES rear handled version of the 2511Tsaw. So, I informed Rob at ChainsawBars UK, a site we use here on my estate for our equipment, that he might have some Muricans wanting a 2511WES with a 1/4" set up. He's stated the demand is high in the UK since it is just released there, but he'll let some go stateside if folks don't mind that they can't be warrantied, and they pay the UK prices, plus £49.00 for shipping to most of the US. So keep the exchange rate and warranty in mind if you're wanting one of these puppies. So, as long as he has stock, this is the deal:

Chainsawbars.CO.UK have the link up for the Echo 2511WES's with Panther bars that run the Stihl 1/4 inch chain. There are several options you can piece together from the site and simply add them to your cart, as well as B&C and sprocket spares. The postage will be tallied at the end and there should be no tax when you enter your address outside of the EU. The 1/4 sprocket by itself as well as PHO should be up on the same page now for folks that want them for their 2511T's as well. The Panther bar is a nice bar that uses the same drive link set up their Stihl counterpart do. So you will have a saw that is ready to run if you go with that set up, or you can mod a Stihl bar later on if you wish and use the 1/4 sprocket on the saw and 1/4 loops of chain, or simply go with the Oregon product and buy a PHO/power head only.

https://www.chainsawbars.co.uk/product-category/echo-CS-2511-wes/

Keep it in mind that customs on the US side will do what they may, so be prepared just in case. Since CBU is an above board business, they will have to place the parcels true value upon it.

I hope you guys enjoy your saws!

Wesley

Also, bear in mind that if you order the version with the ECHO bar that they shipped it to the UK with the SugiHara bar and PROPRIETARY SugiHara A4s chain. That's right - it won't run Stihl 1/4 chain. Only the SugiHara A4s. We were confused by this, and it caused a bit of a delay putting her up on the site(and we were considering simply not doing so to avoid confusion), but for some reason SugiHara decided that having a chain different from the Stihl 1/4 chain was something they wanted to do. So, again, you'd get a cool ECHO branded SugiHara bar if you chose the 10" option near the bottom corner of the list, but please bear in mind it is SUgi's own proprietary bar and chain. There are places in Europe you can get A4S chain, but I can't say what they might have state side.

They've only put it up in case folks wanted that option. The ECHO 1/4" sprocket will run both set ups fine. It's just the ECHO B&C that are a bit odd. SO you can swap em out as you like if you wish to purchase that option.

Back