echo 3000 surprise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
at hd yesterday i noticed that the echo 3000
was rated at 150 hr. life ,right along w the homelites. its cousin the 345 was rated at 1150 hrs. kinda hurt my feelings ,
i thot it was a little better saw than that.
is there more differences than the single ring. or do they think that one ring gonna make that much difference.
just curious as ill use it to death however long that is,and i dont believe in disposable equipment so shell get good maintenance. my opinion most disposables
would give good years of service if the owner hadnt heard they were disposable.
not sayin there for the pro . that takes real construction,that no amt of maintenance will get u.

Tony,

I beleive those hour ratings are the length of time that they expect the emissions to stay within the EPA guidelines before you have to mess with the saw to bring it back into compliance.(but who wants to do that??? :D )

I bet the rating's more like 20 minutes if they get sold to a guy from this board. :) Break out the die grinder!

they are rated @ 1500 hours engine life. I used to work @ Hd & they just goofed up & put the wrong tag on it.

They used to do it all the time where i worked. i was the only one who "Really" knew anything about saws.

can you call a guy an "expert" if they think a 20" Poulan is the best saw n the market??

Believe me, the guys I worked with sure thought they were.

now thats sounds more like it. thanks mike.makes sense too. i know lowes dont even have the saws the sell labeled even close. i pointed mistakes out toim several times.
can u say blank stare:) .
oh well beauty is in the eyes of the beholder ,and my little 3000 just got prettier.:) thanks again mike.
edit. just thot id ad somethin. i ran into a guy was sellin several stihls one new 025.
in talkin he informed me that what he was gonna get him was that wildthang.
he thot that was tough saw. i didnt even comment on his brite idea. still wish id got that 25 tho. 150 in the case with paper work. think this stuff was his dads.:)

American consumers amaze me.

I have one of those green box HD specials (a 46cc 20" Poulan) That i bought for a back up for my Super XL-12. I must admit that its a cuttin little SOB, light as a feather & nice anti vibe. Matter of fact, It'l probably outrun my Homelite (I know it will)

But, my Homelite is 30 years old and has lord knows how many hours on it. But I'll still take it over the Poulan

Where do you think that Poulan will be in 30 years.

I also have less than 15 hours on it & know that serviceability is slim to none, and that it is a "Throwaway" saw.

Like I said: Good old American marketing at its best.

Have had a few HD Poulans over the years. One of their top handle saws was my climbing saw for about 15 years (very part-time use) ans still is my backup. The others will be going on e-bay soon. (I've accumulated too may Huskys and Stihls)

Latest posts

Back