echo 3000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
for any of u fellas that are in the market for a limbing saw.
it looks kinda like a lot o wives bought there husbands these little saws because the knew there husband wanted a chainsaw for christmas.
apparently the husbands sometimes bring them back for what ever reason and hd had 3 at 119.00 the other day.
the one i got hadnt even had the bar put on.
it feels like a good trim saw,and if necessary would be able cut a pretty thick log too.later now

I agree. The Echo 3000 is a fabulous little saw. I also use a Stihl 020T and they both cut equally. I'm sure the Stihl will probably outlast the Echo. However, the Echo cost me $160 on Ebay and the 020T cost me $525. I use them both as climbing saws.

Woodho

Speaking of women buying saws for their husbands, I sold an 088 to a girl in Wash. State who bought it for her husband.
She emailed me recently and said he didnt like it, it was too big for him. I think he was being very ungreatful! Dont You?
Anyway all she wants is 999 for it and I am sure its still mint, so If you are interested just email me and I will forward here address.
John

Huskyman,
I bought the 020T about yr and half ago, besides this is the Northeast, everything is 20% higher up here (HA,HA). As far as the fuel tank I have not had any trouble with mine. It sees a fair amount of duty and I think it's an excellent saw.

Woodho

Another excellent option to the pricey 020T (awesome saw as long as it doesn't take a trip out of the bucket) is Solo's 633. With a 14" bar, it retails for around $269. Built tough in Germany to hang w/ the other two big boys. Supposed to be a 2000 hour saw that comes w/ a two year COMMERCIAL WARRANTY!
In our neck of the woods, 020T's go for around $450.

I couldn't stand to see it anymore.....the cs3000 doesn't compare to an 020 even a little bit :D I bought one when I first went full time to try and save some dough, first job the choke rod bent , so I got a replacement and used it for about 4 or 5 months(only used it as a climbing saw a few jobs then let the ground man use it) before it locked up. Slow a$$ piece of crap couldn't cut worth a wooden nickel, the power is nothing compared to the Stihl. It just isn't worth it to try and save by getting something cheaper, unfortunately I keep learning this lesson over and over with different equipt. but I'm learning :D
As a homeowner saw, it's probably OK?
Suggested retail on the 020T is $459 or something like that.

The 3400 is MUCH stronger than the 3000, for about $30 more. The 3400's seem to last a LOT longer, too. Weight is virtually the same.

Todd, the choke lever did not bend. I bet you money that the top handle mount got bent from forcing the saw. This will misalign the choke lever and it will come out of the hole in the carb throat flap. This is NOT the saw's fault. This is called abuse of equipment. If you don't force the saw. it works fine for what it was built to do. Oh, the metal and rubber top handle mount is easily straightened out with a pair of needle nose pliers. Then your choke rod will stay in place and work properly. (unless you bent the heck out of the rod trying to make it work):D

the 3400 does sound like just more of a good thing,but the ones selling for 119. due to being chritmas returns,were the 3000.
i had wanted one but couldnt justify the purchase at the reg price of 200. already got 4 saws. anyway so far i like it just fine.
motor sounds great. like a mini chopper motor.they say adjust the carb settings after 5 hrs. course its got the plastic caps.
now whats the best way to take them off . not that i would or anything. thanks ,later now

Originally posted by treeclimber165
Todd, the choke lever did not bend. I bet you money that the top handle mount got bent from forcing the saw.
Wha? Yes it bent , brand new , didn't even get a chance to abuse it yet:alien:

Howdy Tony,

Of course I am not allowed to tell you to take them off. You will find that they are formed/pressed on there over a tight fitting spline like end on the adjustment with a screwdriver relief underneith as per normal.

The dealer is supposed to remove them if absolutely necessary, tune up properly, and then replace them in such a position as to prevent excessive leanning by the operator.

If you question manufacturer's as to what the heck is with this system, they will tell you that it is an EPA requirement. For the life of me, I can not understand how in the heck this is supposed to help emissions, since the problem is always running too rich, which increases air polution, not reducing it! I guess you are not supposed to ask such questions. Personally, I suspect this was some great lobbying by the boys of PPEMA (Portable Power Equipment Manufacturer's Assoc.) I used to be on the technical subcommittee of that group during the developement of the ANSI B.175 safety standard for chainsaws. Trust me, I know how the game works. Saw manufacturer's have for years tried to come up with some way to keep people from leanning out saws and burning them up and wanting warranty. Nice if you can blame such foolishness on the Government!

Regards,
Walt Galer

Back