Echo 303t carb adjustment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher56

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need some guidance here. Trying to adjust the carb on my echo 303 t the low screw doesn't seem to be working properly. If I turn it in far enough it will die from lack of fuel but when I turn it out it doesn't load up no matter how far out I turn it. I'm guessing crap in the carb somewhere???? Any guidance will be appreciated

Let me.elaborate, initially I tried to adjust it in the woods. When I got home and cleaned it up there was a substantial amount of debris behind the filter in the cavity with the carb . I noticed the grommet ,little rubber plug,that covers the adjuster screws was open when I tried to adjust it in the woods. Turns out that's direct access to the carb area behind the filter. There's undoubtedly crap in the carb. Now my question is do I get a rebuild kit and try and clean the carb or replace the carb. I've been told it's almost impossible to clean those tiny orifices . I'm definitely gonna have to make sure that plug is securely in place in the future!!!!

The saw runs , high adjustment seems to work properly it just doesn't want to idle . Thanks for your input! Just goes to show how important it is to make sure everything is as it should be, even the small stuff!

Tore the carb apart today and cleaned it , still the same , seems to be unresponsive to low idle adjustment. I guess I'm gonna order a carburetor.

Back