Echo 500 Vl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
MY NEIGHBOR RECENTLY GAVE ME A KIORITZ ECHO 500VL.CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFO ON DISPLACEMENT OR HP?ARE THEY EASY TO WORK ON?THANKS

They were a good little saw in their day, but they are somewhat obsolete now. No chain brake, points ignition, and the vibe control isn`t up to todays standards. They are about 50cc and peak power was down around 8000 rpm. I don`t know the horsepower, but with a properly sharpened 72LG chain they will cut with a Husky 55 in terms of production. I have many, many hours on the bars of this model. Parts are very hard to come by, and at one point, Echo had a recall on this model, replacing it with another, but this is no longer in effect to my knowledge. What work needs to be done? Carb parts are available and the ignition can be swapped for one of those electronic modules from Cutters Choice. Russ

The Recall on the CS500VL is still in effect
If the serial number is up to and inclusive of 0023000 RUN to the nearest Echo dealer and turn it in. The replacement at no cost to you is a new CS510. The early models of these saws had bad flywheels that could fly apart. If the saw has the air filter cover that snaps off with a push button you hit the jackpot,Thats an early one

the saw runs,i just rarely use it.i'll check the #'s for the recall.thanks for all the info-you guys on this site are like tapping into a chainsaw computer-full of knowledge:)

well i checked the #'s and i'm about 15,000 units to late for the recall. thanks for the info:)

Back