Echo Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up both of my Echos in the past year. First was the CS-341.

IMG_0133.sized.jpg

Then came the CS-4400

IMG_0366.sized.jpg

I love running both of them for their purposes. The CS-4400 has good power for it's size, and the CS-341 is awesome for up in the tree.
Although... I just found out that I got the wrong bar & chain pitch for the sprocket that is in the 341. So, well, I'll be fixing that problem soon.

Clay

I just purchased a CS310. I've been using chainsaws for about 60 years and have tried then all. It seems that they go through cycles where a brand may deteriorate or improve which accounts for my changes from one saw to another. I have 14 mesquite trees on my homestead and various fruit and nut trees so my saws see a lot of action. The Echo has been receiving great reviews and I like a lot of the new engineering.

The only feature of the CS310 that I do not like is the air filter. It is not designed for steady cleaning and reuse and is, in my estimation, inordinately expensive--$20. As with most tools, the true test will come with time. In the meantime, I think the CS310 is an elegant tool.

2 blowers 1 stick edger 1 weed eater i have other models but wont list those. 2 cs 400s 1cs330t 1 cs355t and a cs 590 in the mail.....have also had many grey and orange units blowers saws etc ...all ran well for years and when sold ....I also have stihl and many poulans ....for my part time work lawn and tree i use echo and stihl.....

I just purchased an Echo CS-590 for 399.99 with free shipping to ALASKA. I usually have a very hard time getting anything shipped to Rural Alaska. I was pleasantly surprised when I found a company to ship here let alone with free shipping. How do I tune it when it arrives? Does both the idle and wot (h) speeds need to tuned out of the box? I know that it is lean from the factory but was wondering if both sides need to be richened before first starting this up?

I am hesitant to muffler mod it as soon as I get it just incase I have any problems. But I have read some stories about warranties not beong honoured so I dont know if it will really matter in the long run. A lot of people around here have warned me to only use Stihl and stay away from Echo. I don't know if they tuned their engines but they said Echo was not as reliable as Stihl. I am interested in buying another Stihl but hard to shop with the dealers at least 400 miles and 2 plane rides away (no roads) was easier to buy the Echo.

Took the CS-341 apart for cleaning last night. Turns out the sprocket is 3/8, the same as the chain. I guess due to some wear on it, it's got the feeling of being slightly off. That's on the list of things to do now.

Got almost all of my Echo family together last night.

IMG_1860.sized.jpg

IMG_1861.sized.jpg

The trimmer isn't there... but that's OK. The 4400 came from a nice home; picked it up cheap this year. The 341 came from a repair shop, and there's an old Hertz rental sticker on it. Seems to have been used/abused, but runs perfect and without actually testing, has good compression from the pull rope.

Clay

Just got a chance to use my new 620p. Had a ms290 and ms390 prior to buying this and thought stihl was the best thing ever. Wow was I wrong. Echo impressed the hell outta me 24" bar completely buried in a maple and didn't slow it down at all. Half the price of something comparable in a stihl I'll stick to echo from now on!

Latest posts

Back