ECHO Chainsaws - are they catching on?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thought...The only negative I've found with Echo chainsaws is the oiler. They work well, but I've found I have to keep them drained or they will leak out in a day or so if not used.

What model? Echo uses lots of different oilers they all can't be bad. Mine don't leak but they are all old models and have at least 4 different oilers...Bob

CS-900EVL (92cc?)
CS-1000
CS-1001

All discontinued, but still available on ebay and private sales.

And they currently make the CS-1200 120cc, but not sold here in the US due to EPA. Available in S. America and Africa.

All of this is off the top of my head and before I had my first cup of coffee so, if I got it wrong, well, chime in with whatcha know. :D

Mr. HE:cool:

The CS-100 with 106 cc's. I have the CS-1001 and love it. Everyone likes when i get the big boy out. The first pic is mine. The 2nd is Echo's cutting team with a CS-1201. They get one and we don't...Bob

Hey Bob..!!!!

Good to see you post..Long time no hear from..dude..??

Hope you've just been busy..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Been real busy. Internet orders in my machine shop, my real job at work. And my step mom went from the hosp straight to a nursing home leaving my old dad home alone. Sucks to get old i guess. I know i about have a stroke startin the CS-1001 What a way to go :laugh:...Bob

If you need parts Echo will be cheaper.

For example I had an Echo machine and a comparable Stihl machine that both needed carb kits, fuel lines, primer bulbs, and air filters.

Total price for these parts for Echo $26.50

For Stihl $79.84

Both sets of parts were purchased from local dealers. Both machines now run fine and I expect they'll keep on running and making money.

So, what kind of machine you ask? Hedge shear.

You're kidding? You paid $80 for a carb kit, fuel line, and air filter? Wasn't aware of any primers on them anyway. You been had chief. You been had.

One more thought...The only negative I've found with Echo chainsaws is the oiler. They work well, but I've found I have to keep them drained or they will leak out in a day or so if not used.

I thought all brands did that or is it just the ones I own.:confused2:

The CS-100 with 106 cc's. I have the CS-1001 and love it. Everyone likes when i get the big boy out. The first pic is mine. The 2nd is Echo's cutting team with a CS-1201. They get one and we don't...Bob

Maybe you could buy several different boxes of 1201 "replacement parts". As in...all the parts.

You're kidding? You paid $80 for a carb kit, fuel line, and air filter? Wasn't aware of any primers on them anyway. You been had chief. You been had.

Don't sit there and call anyone chief you jerk!!!! OEM Stihl parts do cost about twice as much as OEM Echo parts and if you weren't so dumb you'ld figure it out. Steve

I'd really like to get one, by hook or by crook. Paperwork, time, money, jumping through flaming hoops, don't matter, I want one. So far I've struck out finding someone overseas who can make it happen. But tomorrow is another day and I'm still trying. I'd like to talk Echo into doing a limited import, I'd rather have several of them around, but I don't even know who to talk to about that, yet.:D

Could be, Stihl parts included roughly $12.00 in shipping. No shipping on Echo parts and I got them sooner. Not the first time I've seen such a spread between two pieces of similar equipment. That was just the latest example.

But, maybe I'll just base what you know off you not knowing they have primers? :D

Catching on, hmmm ...

I have a nice old Echo CS302 from pretty far back. It has an Oregon Pro-Lite bar and Rapco Carbide chain. It's my demolition saw for beams and such. Has a top mounted adjustable oiler that makes it great for dry old beams when you need to dial up the oil feed. Works pretty well as a limbing saw too.

They are "high speed" oriental motors, but the don't wear out any faster. You just have to keep the R's up and they run well. Pretty sturdy little beastie :)

Walnut anyone?????

[video=youtube;FuSNYH0-zpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSNYH0-zpA&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=17&feature=plcp[/video]

Interesting thing about the Echo 1200/1201's is they all pass through Illinois on their way to South America. Im pretty sure Echo could get the engine to meet 48 state emissions, but there is no brake and the CPSC wont overlook that.

Ive got a couple of the cs-8000 models that have been ported and they run well. Only plastic on them is the top cover. Rear handle - gas tank, crankcase, recoil housing, clutch cover etc are all magnesium. Built very well in this day and age. They scavenge through a full circle windowed piston similar to a Jonsered 820.

I have an Echo CS4400 and a CS670. Also some old EVL's kicking around on the high shelves (heavy critters), I have never had any complaints about the Echos except I'm not fond of the outboard clutch on the 670. However it chews the heck out of big Cottonwood with a 20" bar and full chisel.

Latest posts

Back