Echo CS-2511T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2Strokn, I just picked up one of these and am wondering how you approached your muffler mod? It feels heavy like there is a catalyst hiding in there but I can't see it from the entry or exit way. Did you separate the muffler and if so do you just torch that solder/brazing until it liquefies and then pry up the tabs?

Any guidance and/or pics would be appreciated. I've done muff mods before but never had to open the case up all the way.
I actually didn't even remove the muffler from the saw. I held the saw so that the muffler was upside down (so any metal chips would fall out as I drilled). I then drilled two 3/16" holes in the flat spot that looks like the natural place to drill. I did hit another layer of metal about 1/4" inside and drilled through that as well. Not sure if it was a baffle or catalyst. Then I removed the carb limiters and tuned to match.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i will be happy when some one opens a muffler up and takes some pics to see whats in there.... i paid to much to just drill a hole....I have to say i am happy with it as is..i removed the limiters and tuned it a lil rich for break in period.... but for its size im fine with it as is.....but if some one can get the muffler apart i would love to know how... i dont weld so.....this thing has lil tack welds all over....

I actually didn't even remove the muffler from the saw. I held the saw so that the muffler was upside down (so any metal chips would fall out as I drilled). I then drilled two 3/16" holes in the flat spot that looks like the natural place to drill. I did hit another layer of metal about 1/4" inside and drilled through that as well. Not sure if it was a baffle or catalyst. Then I removed the carb limiters and tuned to match.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Are you serious? You drilled out the muffler while it was on the saw and didn't separate it to get the shavings out of the inside?

I bought a ms150t off Craigslist for $200 early this fall. It was my first ultralight trim saw and I fell in love. After 4 months of hard use it will die when I drop the throttle too fast, especially when the fuel is low. Mostly it is fantastic though. I like the micro b&c. It cuts very smooth though the chains don't last long.
Well, now there are 3 of us fighting for this saw every morning, so maybe it's time for an Echo...
You guys are selling it pretty well.
We were holding out for the Stihl Battery saws to become available, but I think Stihl is afraid they will kill their 193 sales if they bring it out. We're sick of waiting. The husky e-saw seems nice, but heavy. The e-saws are twice the price of an echo 251t. Anybody running both? Got a favorite?

had a conversation with my rep and he passed the info up the chain that we want a 1/4" sprocket added as an option. not sure if they listened but i tried.

X2 on 1/4" sprocket, but can they do that since they don't sell that chain? Is there an aftermarket sprocket?

We just got one of these at work. Yesterday was my first day running it.
My first impressions were that the bar and chain aren't as useful as a smaller curf bar would be, but it has plenty of power to pull the bigger chain. Even stock it is powerful, maybe more than a 193. It guzzles gas, but I idle a lot. The fuel and oil caps are difficult to open. The choke is on the opposite side compared to a 150t, and the lever can get pushed by clothing or saddle accessories. The oiler is pretty high flow. More than the 150t. Currently it's a little hard to start. There's a trick to feathering the trigger as you pull.
So the bad are the caps, and the bar. The Good is the power and the feather weight. Echo is going to eat Stihl's lunch on this one. This thing is better and cheaper than a 150t and lighter than a 193t with the same or more power.
Please keep us updated if anyone has a source for those 1/4 sprockets. With the right bar, this saw will be everyone's favorite.

I don't find mine quite as powerful as my 193 (both are muffler modded). But the weight makes up for it. 90% of the time I'm grabbing for the 2511 due to the weight. The fuel caps can be removed with the starter handle or a scrench turned sideways.

Went to pick up my new 361 with 14 inch bar and dealer suggested I look at the 2511T on the shelf. Man that saw is sweet! Could easily one hand it while cutting. Did not seem difficult to hold it with both hands. Most likely I will own one within a year unless something better appears on the market.

Went to pick up my new 361 with 14 inch bar and dealer suggested I look at the 2511T on the shelf. Man that saw is sweet! Could easily one hand it while cutting. Did not seem difficult to hold it with both hands. Most likely I will own one within a year unless something better appears on the market.
I cant believe they have one on the shelf, they have been on backorder since january and just called yesterday to see if they had an ETA....end of april...maybe.

Dickens Turf and Landscape
Knoxville, TN

Today was their annual 1 day Echo sale. Maybe that is why they had one on the shelf. Wife was actually pushing me to buy it because it was so small and light she wants to try it.

I went to my echo dealer today not one 2511t... but i have one... so they had one 271t left i told them not to fuel it or touch it...no gas or oil in the back of the wife's suburban....it came home for 256 out the door.... not as light as the 2511t.... but av is a lil stiffer and it seemed spot on on the tune with the limiters on.... this was of course out of wood but its not a bad saw....at all... for 256 brand new out the door im happy... see how it filters palm tree fines soon....

Latest posts

Back