Echo CS-2511T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo...
I took a video of a couple saws cutting 6" cookies this morning. The 2511 did terrible!
2511: 16 seconds
150: 10 seconds
192: 7 seconds
201: 7 seconds

I thought the chain must have gotten damaged on the 2511, so I sharpened it up nice. It still cut like a dog. My boss usually runs this saw, I usually run the 150, so I'm not sure if the saw needs tuning or what.

Working on uploading the video...

What size bar are is on the echo? looks like a 14 inch? unless you go narrow kerf i would not go any more then a 12 inch bar and chain....and its running rich i agree....the stihl 150 sounded a lil rich also the 192 sounded dead on.....it cleaned up in the cut nice...

That echo is a funny saw. I went after it with a baby screw driver today. The best I could do was bump up the idle and lean it 1/4 turn. The limiters only allow 3/4 of a turn. It helped, but needs more tuning in wood. I want to strip the limiters and open the muffler, but the boss wants his 1 year warranty. It's a 12" bar. This saw ran a lot better for the first two months. It's getting some rough treatment.

The 150 had a lot of ethanol through it early in life, the settings keep shifting. Probably time for a carb rebuild.

The 192 is a surprisingly good saw. It's ported and razor sharp, so it's in a different bracket. But the 2511 was much closer to it two months ago.

I also think a batch of fuel was mixed closer to 40/1. That may be part of why the 25cc saws are running fat. Anybody run 40/1 in a 2511?

So the boss will pay to get a 192 ported but won't allow the others to be tuned properly? Because of warranty? Strange...

The 192 is a personal project. I always thought they were junk and still do. This one is the exception to the rule. Not a company saw though.
He's all for me tuning the saws, but not shaving the limiters or opening the muffler until the warranty is over. With the Stihls that's only 3 months.

I'm heart broken, I just got my 2511t, and timed cuts between it and my ms150t, I never thought the 150 could be out matched, but it is the lighter echo was 4 seconds faster in a 12 inch white oak... I loved that ms150t...

That's how THIS 2511 was. I want that back. A muffler mod will wake up that 150, a little timing bump and carb mod will pour it a cup of coffee. :chainsaw:

Looks like a good handsaw would be as good as any of ‘em. And be really light.

I'm happy to use a handsaw like a ninja on Aderol, but I still prune old locust faster with the 150.

Latest posts

Back