• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Echo CS-301

Rubicon1

Rubicon1

ArboristSite Lurker
I was wondering what kind of chain I would have to buy from bailey's that would fit a CS-301 Echo with a 12" Bar. The last chain we had made for us from a local saw shop but it was tooo expensive. Thanks for your help!!

ARGriculture

ARGriculture

ArboristSite Lurker
What's the starter rope diameter and how many turns does the pulley need to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks

jason6586

jason6586

ArboristSite Operative
What's the starter rope diameter and how many turns does the pulley need to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks
It sounds like you have something too tight, the pulley is binding somewhere, the spring is weak or the spring needs to be cleaned and lubed up. You having to tap on the recoil in order to get it to recoil has nothing to do with the rope size as long as you don’t have too much rope on the pulley and it’s making contact with the housing once the pulley is full. As far as rope size goes you should be using either a #4 or #4.5 rope on most saws.