ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Echo CS-301

Discussion in 'Bailey's' started by Rubicon1, May 27, 2008.

1. Rubicon1

Rubicon1 ArboristSite Lurker

I was wondering what kind of chain I would have to buy from bailey's that would fit a CS-301 Echo with a 12" Bar. The last chain we had made for us from a local saw shop but it was tooo expensive. Thanks for your help!!

2. Grande Dog

Grande Dog ArboristSite.com Sponsor

Howdy,
    A CS-301 is old enough that it could have came stock with a 1/4" pitch chain. Can you tell me how many drive links there are on your chain?
    Gregg

3. Rubicon1

Rubicon1 ArboristSite Lurker

I do not know how many drive links their are. I guess I will just get a chain in town again. Thanks!

4. BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark Addicted to ArboristSite

Um, could you maybe, you know, count them?

:dizzy:

5. ARGriculture

ARGriculture ArboristSite Lurker

What's the starter rope diameter and how many turns does the pulley need to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks

6. jason6586

jason6586 ArboristSite Operative

It sounds like you have something too tight, the pulley is binding somewhere, the spring is weak or the spring needs to be cleaned and lubed up. You having to tap on the recoil in order to get it to recoil has nothing to do with the rope size as long as you don’t have too much rope on the pulley and it’s making contact with the housing once the pulley is full. As far as rope size goes you should be using either a #4 or #4.5 rope on most saws.