Echo CS-310 Intake Boot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkbug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all.

Found an Echo CS-310 at the dump last week and it's gotten me back into wanting to fix a saw.

It's filthy, but I put some mix in it and it fired right up. It actually ran pretty well until I pulled the air filter and carb off to start cleaning it. When I put it back together it would run but not accelerate, and runs better with the choke on.

Plans are to put new fuel lines and a carb kit in it, and the AV feels awful soft, so probably some new springs too.

Question is that I think the intake boot where it meets the carb is funky. Feels hard, and maybe looks like someone before me had it mashed up? First time working on a saw that has the boot and impulse line connected like this.

I was planning to just swap it, but it looks like I need to pull the whole thing apart to get the white plate out, so would prefer not to do that.

Any thoughts on the condition of the boot or ideas to make sure it's sealed?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20200926_010040890.jpg
    PXL_20200926_010040890.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Any thoughts here? Or tips for pulling out the white insulator without tearing the whole thing apart?

Back