Echo CS-310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ondarvr

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been a member for a long time, just not an active poster.

I tried to do a search, but it seems the new format doesn't give the best results.

Just got a free CS 310 with very little time on it, almost new.

It starts easly and runs well, but is a dog, it will just bog in the cut.

I was going pop off the limiter caps and do a little adjusting, this was recommended in many threads on this saw.

I normally pop the caps off, but these seem a little more secure even though they're plastic. I didn't want to damage anything if I get more aggressive.

And do these saws really improve that much after adjusting them?

This thing was so weak I grabbed my cordless electric to finish the job. The Echo didn't cut nearly as well as the cordless saw.

Thanks.

Muffler is spotless, so is the air filter, those were the first things I checked.

I have several 30cc saws, so I knew the limitations. You can't even do any limbing with it running like this.

Starts, idles and revs fine, by ear the peak RPMs don't sound bad either, just no power under a load.

Muffler is spotless, so is the air filter, those were the first things I checked.

I have several 30cc saws, so I knew the limitations. You can't even do any limbing with it running like this.

Starts, idles and revs fine, by ear the peak RPMs don't sound bad either, just no power under a load.
Any chain, bar or sprocket issue?
Then move onto carb adjustment

The limiters, i usually thread a long wood screw into them then yank it out. Usually a notable power increase by retuning

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I've been a member for a long time, just not an active poster.

I tried to do a search, but it seems the new format doesn't give the best results.

Just got a free CS 310 with very little time on it, almost new.

It starts easly and runs well, but is a dog, it will just bog in the cut.

I was going pop off the limiter caps and do a little adjusting, this was recommended in many threads on this saw.

I normally pop the caps off, but these seem a little more secure even though they're plastic. I didn't want to damage anything if I get more aggressive.

And do these saws really improve that much after adjusting them?

This thing was so weak I grabbed my cordless electric to finish the job. The Echo didn't cut nearly as well as the cordless saw.

Thanks.
Also consider the age of this saw. the carb diaphragms may need to be replaced... Especially if the saw had old fuel sitting in it. It also sounds like it is running very lean. Fix/adjust it before you burn it up!

I was splitting and stacking wood nearer the house today, it's supposed to be in the single digits this weekend, plus snow starting Friday at noon.

I'll get back to the saw tomorrow.

I had the 352, after using it I would not buy anything smaller,
the 352 has no limiters on the carb, It could have done with
the cat removed and a retune.
lovely light saw for what they are intended.
Altitude these saws don’t like, mine sung a different song every day,
it annoyed me, but it wasn’t in danger of quitting or cooking.

I'm at about 1,000 ft

My others saws act about the same as when I lived at sea level.

I have it's big brother the 352. Love that saw. Opened up the muffler and retuned. Now cuts about the same as a 400.
I might get one before it’s replacement arrives, cant recall the model, but its
built differently, and no longer has the P in its name, they don’t refer to it
as a pro in their documentation either, it could be an aluminium case, haven't
seen it specified though.

I might get one before it’s replacement arrives, cant recall the model, but its
built differently, and no longer has the P in its name, they don’t refer to it
as a pro in their documentation either, it could be an aluminium case, haven't
seen it specified though.
P refers as Pro cutting equipment - replaceable sprocket nose bars on some American ECHO models. Nothing in NA gets those below 50cc.

I finally got back to cutting, it snowed and covered everything for a while.

Pulled the limiter caps off and put in some fresh fuel.

I was shocked at how much I needed to richen it up for more power. It actually turned into a usable saw though. I'll give it a workout this week before it snows again.

May even mod the muffler soon if I get time.

Back