Echo CS 3510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigiron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone using this new model Echo 3510 ? What are your opinions ? I'm thinking of getting one but not many reviews as yet.

I don't know what they have changed except the color scheme which I don't really like. But the 352 is a great little saw for 35cc, it really surprised me. It easily out cuts a 42cc craftsman/poulan.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I don't know what they have changed except the color scheme which I don't really like. But the 352 is a great little saw for 35cc, it really surprised me. It easily out cuts a 42cc craftsman/poulan.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

3510 has more power, decreased weight, improved acceleration, beter air pre-cleaning system, momentary switch, oil tank with expansion chamber & two way breather, and a roller chain catcher to name a few...

Anyone using this new model Echo 3510 ? What are your opinions ? I'm thinking of getting one but not many reviews as yet.
I picked up my CS 3510 yesterday, had the dealer swap out OEM chain for a Oregon 91vxl/56(yellow) chain. I put into 14" red oak log that was VERY wet. The saw cut this wet wood very fast I thought, six firewood lengths in about 5 min.maybe less. If I put too much pressure it would bog. As long as I let the saw do the work it cut great. I'm happy

I just realized the OEM chain is 57 drive links. This 56 seems to run good but I don't want to mess up the bar or sprocket on my new saw. Oregon makes this 91VXL in a 57 and I'm going to order a couple. My ? is should I not run this 56.

I just realized the OEM chain is 57 drive links. This 56 seems to run good but I don't want to mess up the bar or sprocket on my new saw. Oregon makes this 91VXL in a 57 and I'm going to order a couple. My ? is should I not run this 56.
As long as it fits its fine.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

My wife actually bought me a cs3510 for my birthday this year. It is just a 35cc saw I like it for what it is lightweight I like the momentary kill switch it is perhaps a little faster than a poulan 4218 in about 3 to 4 inch branches cuts as fast in up to 10 inch wood and gets a little bit slower in bigger wood. That being said great saw for a homeowner but better choices out their for someone getting firewood. My friends ms170 with 16 inch bar and I think slightly smaller chain was just as fast in 8 in pine both stock. Fine saw no complaints but for now it will serve as back up for my larger saws. Time will tell if it holds up. I only bought it because I fully expect my rumitoid arthritis to get worse as I get older. I wanna cut as long as I can and the 8.2 pounds dry weight is lighter than the cs361p and$150 less around here.

My wife actually bought me a cs3510 for my birthday this year. It is just a 35cc saw I like it for what it is lightweight I like the momentary kill switch it is perhaps a little faster than a poulan 4218 in about 3 to 4 inch branches cuts as fast in up to 10 inch wood and gets a little bit slower in bigger wood. That being said great saw for a homeowner but better choices out their for someone getting firewood. My friends ms170 with 16 inch bar and I think slightly smaller chain was just as fast in 8 in pine both stock. Fine saw no complaints but for now it will serve as back up for my larger saws. Time will tell if it holds up. I only bought it because I fully expect my rumitoid arthritis to get worse as I get older. I wanna cut as long as I can and the 8.2 pounds dry weight is lighter than the cs361p and$150 less around here.

You need to open up the mudd and tune good if a ms170 is even close. Steve

Everyone should at least pull the limiter caps and adjust to make sure they.re not set lean before cutting even stick. Set lean with a clogged up muff they will be doggy like a MS170. Steve
I pulled the limiter caps and I turned the high about 1/8 of a turn more I ran it and pulled the plug and I believe I need to adjust the low side. The plug is a fairly dark coffee color around the electrode but the base I would like to see more dark coloration. Here is a picture of the plug straight from the factory. Will take another when I get it dialed in better. And I might muffler mod it since emissions won't matter anymore.

Attachments

• 20210201_122227.jpg
    20210201_122227.jpg
    837.5 KB · Views: 24
I recently purchased a new Echo CS-3510 with 14' bar and Oregon 91VXL non-safety chain from a local full-service chainsaw dealer who ran it and tuned it before selling it to me. The Echo CS-3510 is a brand new item in the Echo 2021 Product Catalog. This 34.5cc saw is lighter in weight (8.2 lbs vs 8.8 lbs) and far more powerful than the CS-310.The CS3510 was sluggish at first, however, after the second tank of TruFuel, it really woke up. A mild muffler mod, where I widened the opening behind the spark arrestor screen with a Dremel tool helped a lot. The spark arrester screen is also a cat converter. Hands down, the CS-3510 is a far better saw than the CS-310.

My local full service dealer, tuned it such that it burbles at full throttle and 2-cycles in the cut. The tuneup alone is why I avoid buying chainsaws from box stores.

So far, I am loving my new Echo CS-3510.

3510 has more power, decreased weight, improved acceleration, beter air pre-cleaning system, momentary switch, oil tank with expansion chamber & two way breather, and a roller chain catcher to name a few...

Plus, If you buy an Echo CS-3510 from a full-service dealer (not a box store), he will run it and tune it, and install an Oregon non-safety chain with a 14-inch bar on it. A 16-inch bar and safety chain (which is standard in box stores) is too much for a 35 cc chainsaw.

Well I don't have a decent dealership around here just big box stores. I wouldn't of bought it if I weren't confident that I could tune it. It has about 5 tanks on it now and it really is a great limbing saw beats the snot out of a 12 pound ppb4218. Mine has the 16 inch bar and I've cut a solid chord of wood with it or more so far I like it. It's not in the same class as a 45 to 50cc firewood saw. But if it were my 1 saw plan I'd be happier with it than a poulan 4218 40cc chainsaw. But I would be looking for a second bigger chainsaw for felling.

I pulled the limiter caps and I turned the high about 1/8 of a turn more I ran it and pulled the plug and I believe I need to adjust the low side. The plug is a fairly dark coffee color around the electrode but the base I would like to see more dark coloration. Here is a picture of the plug straight from the factory. Will take another when I get it dialed in better. And I might muffler mod it since emissions won't matter anymore.
The spark arrestor screen itself is a cat converter. Enlarging the opening behind the spark arrestor screen to relieve back pressure shouldn't have much affect on emissions.

Anyone kind of bough to share what they did to their cs3510 muffler? Did you drill a new hole or just drill smaller holes larger? Pictures would be appreciated. Also, high low adjustments, thanks

Latest posts

Back