Echo CS 3510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/QUOTE]
My wife actually bought me a cs3510 for my birthday this year.
THAT was NICE of HER
I only bought it because I
THAT is more What it is like around here..
My APOLOGIES for pointing out this contradiction but the only thing i wish to add is that some of us here should phrase it "My Wifey LET me BUY this saw....( I am so Happy)"
I also Hear "What do you need another chainsaw for?" One time I waited to tell her I was looking at a saw, WE were in a (WAIT for the punch Line) SHOES STORE. I felt bad with the results but she did get her very nice shoes. Now she can't wear half of her shoes after diabetes took a great toe. In all honesty we have never argued "EVER" and that is for over 15 years.

Are You sure? 310/352 was designed for them and it has the same pattern as 370/420.
See my post with a picture of the engine cover above:

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/echo-cs-3510.346203/post-7623291
Got it out this morning for a little bit. No mounting holes.
fe0cbc8bf435845154f6822462f4a43f.jpg
88cb3e56c3b895c1594b0eeb5c1e6f5f.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Nice. My 352 doesn't have the mounting holes like the 3510. I will look at it next time I have it out to see if there is anyway possible to rig something up. I have a couple small Husqvarna spikes that I can experiment with it I ever get the time.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thats what its all about finding what works for you. Having proper spikes make a word of difference on this little saw.

[/QUOTE]
Been almost 1 year now another few weeks but so far it's been a nice little saw. I had the muffler screen stop up on me once; burned it off. Been running fine ever since I'm not sure why It clogged up in the first place none of my other saws did but it hasn't clogged since. It is a nice tree topping saw. And really nice after running heavier saws and hand splitting wood for a few hours. When I'm tired the echo cs3510 and my ms250 are the only saws I pick up.

I was able to tune mine without pulling the limiters. However if you mod it you will need to pull them. If the sparkplug is a coffee brown it's tuned. May need to adjust idle. Mine didn't run very well out the box. I had to adjust the idle to get it to run then after I got it running I then tuned the low side. Then high side jet.

Can someone share a tune-up procedure for the CS3510 or in general? I'm aware of pulling the limiter caps.
Saw suppliers seem to link to documents called service data sheets. here is one for the 3510
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0080/7993/3487/files/3510-data.pdf?v=1614479789See the bottom of page 3.

I just noticed the oiler is fixed.
This is a strato saw so it may not behave like conventional.

Generally the low adjuster it to get it to accelerate well and the high is for the full speed use. If you get it to accelerate well and run fine but won't start well after a certain amount of time that is frustrating.

I had a 310, sold it almost immediately because the 352 was build better and was a LOT more saw in a light package..
What amazes me to this day is how couple milimeters of bore and different air filter makes better build :)

There was something about listening for sounds
Let me relate to you how I learned to tune a saw. I would by no means recommend this way, but for me this is how I learned. I had a 10 year old poulan pro that I had replaced the carb on it. For 9 years it ran like total crap would not idle well took a long time to get up to speed blah blah blah.... you get the point. I put a new carb on and well I finally got it to idle right then I started playing with the low and high jets not knowing what I was doing. I got a refence point on how many turns it would take me to get my saw back to factory specs. I counted how many turns it took me to get the low and high jet seated all the way down into the carb. Be gentle the needles will bend crush and it will never work right with bent needles. If I remember correctly my poulan was around 1.5 turns down and the high was like 2.5 turns. I played with it until my ears I thought could determine if it was 4 stroking. I got ok at it. I didn't know about checking the plug for color. Well one day while cutting up an excessively large tree for a poulan Walmart variety I wanted it to run like my new to me ms250 so I leaned it out. Let me tell you it ran really good for about 10 minutes had a huge smile on my face until it blew up. I then had 1 chainsaw and was very prone to getting it stuck so I bought a cheaper poulan pl3314 it sucked worse out of the box than my ppb4218 so I took my new found talent of blowing up chainsaws and tried not to do that with the new one. I've been successful at keeping it alive even muffler molded it and retuned. If you care about your saw don't do it until you Know how to tune one. It's an art that I've gotten decent at but I still get thrown a curve ball once in a while. Find a 2 stroke sparkplug color chart it should show you what to look for on the sparkplug. I used to have a picture somewhere but I'm not sure where it's at.

Anyone kind of bough to share what they did to their cs3510 muffler? Did you drill a new hole or just drill smaller holes larger? Pictures would be appreciated. Also, high low adjustments, thanks
Hi, did you mod your muffler? Mind sharing if so?

Back