Echo cs-352 carb settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burkulater

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok ended up with a 5 month old 352 for a good deal, it's bone stock and looks like not much use at all. My question is its set at the richest it can be with the limiter caps installed seems like it runs fine to me but is it still too lean? Got the saw for my father in law for storm damage and light stuff, don't need a drag racer just need it to not blow up do to lean damage

thanks for the quick response, guess I'll run the caps off with a screw tomorrow

It's crazy to me that the gov has this much control.

Dear echo,
I understand your in the two cycle business but we need you to set all the carbs too lean and make them non adjustable. Yes we understand you offer a 5 year warranty and this will surly cause more claims for you..... Your just going to need to suck it up

Sincerely,

Obama

Just pulk the caps and be done with it and also make sure there is no cat in the muffler those will cause you problems especially with cheep oil or richer oil mix but i like more oil cause plugs are cheaper than engine parts

Ok guys ran the caps off man was that easy, added another 1/8 and I'm at 2 3/4 L and 3 1/4 H from stop does that sound about right or does it sound like I miss counted?

Ok guys ran the caps off man was that easy, added another 1/8 and I'm at 2 3/4 L and 3 1/4 H from stop does that sound about right or does it sound like I miss counted?
Just put the carb back on and run the saw se how it idles and tune the top end with how it cuts not how it sounds no load then press them on. It is against my religion to leave caps on my saw. But i did have to pull caps for a friends saw that wanted to keep it under warranty so i did that with a air needle

Never took it apart to get the caps off, sounds like it has a miss when I rev it up but sounds smooth in the cut. I did at one point go 3 1/2 and 3 1/2 in the Jets but cut slower and smelled rich to me but then again I don't know nothin that's why I'm asking for help

Never took it apart to get the caps off, sounds like it has a miss when I rev it up but sounds smooth in the cut. I did at one point go 3 1/2 and 3 1/2 in the Jets but cut slower and smelled rich to me but then again I don't know nothin that's why I'm asking for help
that sounds about right , when its wide open with no load it will sound like its missing , this is called 4 stroking or power stroking , in the cut under load it will smooth out , i do it the same way you just did , i richen mine up till it starts bog /load up , then lean it back down till it just 4 strokes misses with no load and runs smooth in the cut , but i am no pro i just do it by ear and feel , its better to be a little rich than too lean .

Heres a twist......I found a fairly new ECHO 352, missing the carb.....why, when, and where the carb went don't matter. I am wondering if ANYONE knows of a cross-reference chart, that will show that carb to have other applications. the correct part# A021003330, is a ZAMA Walbro WAL-WT-992-1 carb, and its pricey. I have to believe that this carb, or a similair carb, will work on the saw......any direction would be greatly appreciated. I don't need stories, opinions, suggestions or criticizism's.....just a simple answer...."use this part as its is the same" sort of answers....Thanks Guys.

Ok now ur going to hate me get a bigger carb
Heres a twist......I found a fairly new ECHO 352, missing the carb.....why, when, and where the carb went don't matter. I am wondering if ANYONE knows of a cross-reference chart, that will show that carb to have other applications. the correct part# A021003330, is a ZAMA Walbro WAL-WT-992-1 carb, and its pricey. I have to believe that this carb, or a similair carb, will work on the saw......any direction would be greatly appreciated. I don't need stories, opinions, suggestions or criticizism's.....just a simple answer...."use this part as its is the same" sort of answers....Thanks Guys.

This doesn't answer your question, but their seems to be a huge price difference on this carb depending where you buy it.
Outdoor distributors $77,
some places I saw online are close to double that.

This doesn't answer your question, but their seems to be a huge price difference on this carb depending where you buy it.
Outdoor distributors $77,
some places I saw online are close to double that.
I have done all the research as to a replacement WT-992; my question to other saw mechanics is..............Is there any cross-reference chart for ZAMA carbs that might suggest a like carb that will work on this 352.......I
Thanks. The site is actually chainsawr.com...........been there already.

Fired up my new CS-352. Holy cow it was tuned lean. Picked up several hundred rpms on the top end after pulling the caps. I'll be putting it in the wood for the first time shortly.

I got a a new CS-352 for Christmas, thanks Santa (self-gifted), and I am curious about good moderately rich tuning for both optimal performance and longevity.
I have 6 tanks run through it at factory carb settings. Saw bogs easily and runs about 10,000 at no load WOT. Plug is white with just a bit of light tan. Just pulled the caps and turned clockwise to find factory baseline. My H was 3-1/4 out, and the L was only 3/4 of a turn out from seat!!?!?

I have a tiny tach for the H screw, was just gonna set it to the book max spec at 12,500 and the idle screw at 3,000 (again book spec). Should the idle be closer to 2700-2800?
How rich past the rpm peak on the L screw do you turn? I know this affects throttle response, but I am not clear on how rich this one needs to be.

Thanks a bunch guys,
Drew

Back