Echo CS 360T Doesn’t Start.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gubaguba

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So original diagnosed as dirty carb, rebuilt the carb still no love. Thought maybe carb was bad replaced it nothing. Compression is in high 140’s have spark. So there is purge hose connector on the carb that attaches to nothing? So no issues getting fuel to carb replaced fuel filter and vent is working. Impulse hose seems good. Only thing that could be suspect is carb boot which seems a bit hard where it attaches to engine. Saw has very little time on it. Literally no carbon build up inside and peaking at piston looks close to new. I get it to fire by pulling fuel via purge line it will run for 2-4 seconds then die.

So original diagnosed as dirty carb, rebuilt the carb still no love. Thought maybe carb was bad replaced it nothing. Compression is in high 140’s have spark. So there is purge hose connector on the carb that attaches to nothing? So no issues getting fuel to carb replaced fuel filter and vent is working. Impulse hose seems good. Only thing that could be suspect is carb boot which seems a bit hard where it attaches to engine. Saw has very little time on it. Literally no carbon build up inside and peaking at piston looks close to new. I get it to fire by pulling fuel via purge line it will run for 2-4 seconds then die.
Hey how's it going. So I have a cs590 that had less than 5 hours on it and ran like a scalded cat. I did a muffler mod and got rid of the restrictors on the high and low idle. I took out the base gasket for a little higher compression which required removing the carburetor. After I put it all back together I could not get it to run. Had strong spark but was getting no fuel. I could put a squirt of fuel into the cylinder put the plug back in and it would fire right up then die once that fuel burned off. So I determined I wasn't getting any fuel. I rebuilt the carburetor thinking the diaphragm might have been bad. I put it back together and had the same issue. I then bought a brand new OEM replacement carb. Installed it and same problem, lots of spark and no gas. I sat and pondered why the hell wasn't it getting fuel. When I disconnected the fuel line from the carburetor fuel would come gushing out so that meant fuel had to be getting to the carburetor. But not getting into the cylinder. Then it dawned on me. The fuel line was routed the wrong way and was getting pinched off during reassembly. I took the airbox off and examined the fuel line and sure as **** it was getting pinched off. I rerouted the fuel line the proper way and bingo. So check the routing of your fuel line. Hope that helps.

On the CS 360 the carb basically plugs into fuel line when you mount it to manifold boot. If I pull the carb fuel comes gushing out so I don’t think that’s an issue. Almost seems like it is not pulling fuel. Since unlikely two carbs are bad I thought impulse line though it seem solid and pushing air. Hard for me to tell I have been doing a lot of work on big demo saws so volume of air moving around is much bigger.

On the CS 360 the carb basically plugs into fuel line when you mount it to manifold boot. If I pull the carb fuel comes gushing out so I don’t think that’s an issue. Almost seems like it is not pulling fuel. Since unlikely two carbs are bad I thought impulse line though it seem solid and pushing air. Hard for me to tell I have been doing a lot of work on big demo saws so volume of air moving around is much bigger.
Hmmm. Don't know then. Hope you figure it out. I'm a Sthil guy thru and thru but I can't say enough good things about my CS590. The Echo saws are waaaaay underrated. Keep after it. Probably something simple.

Check your crank seals for one blown out

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

So pulled a vacuum seems all good. Impulse hose is solid and pumping air. Without stripping it down totally I’m at a loss. Everything appears to be working but it’s not. Probably not worth investing much more time into it. Likely strip for parts.

So pulled a vacuum seems all good. Impulse hose is solid and pumping air. Without stripping it down totally I’m at a loss. Everything appears to be working but it’s not. Probably not worth investing much more time into it. Likely strip for parts.

Have you pulled the plug to see if its wet. Sometimes the plug wire on the echos can be finicky. Like it'll deliver spark to the plug when its pulled out so you can verify spark then when you reinstall the plug and bend the plug wire over on to the pug... no go

My theory is that the fuel line is being pinched when you put the cover on then when you take the cover off the line becomes unpinched and puts fuel in the boot. Try rerouting the fuel line before you fully give up.
I know that's what I initially said in the beginning of this post but just give it a try.

Anyone know how to pull the clutch on this saw? No nut. Can’t tell if it’s threaded or how I could hold it if it is.

The saw has almost no wear and the cylinder doesn’t even have carbon build up. Only thing suspect is drive cog is heavily warn. So will pull it and check seal there. For now I’ll wait for clutch tool to arrive.

Back