Echo CS-400 Chainsaw Muffler Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant one past the stock setting but I'll turn them in then back the 3 1/2 saw is new never ran.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info mountain lake this is one strong little saw modded never ran stock though. 3 1/2 was a little much on the l

related question, I've seen a few people mention that the screw caps help hold the screws from creaping, have any of you experienced this or know that it is false(I have a newer 2011 model)? I'm just trying to figure out how I will get the caps off and if I want to preserve their functional condition before I do this mod.

Yeah at idle

Ok why don't you either tell us where the squeal is coming from, if it stops when you give it gas or gets worse.

None of us can read your mind and tell you what's wrong with it when all you say is "squeal at idle". We need a lot more info to help you. Your obviously doing something wrong since this is the 2nd saw you made "squeal"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

related question, I've seen a few people mention that the screw caps help hold the screws from creaping, have any of you experienced this or know that it is false(I have a newer 2011 model)? I'm just trying to figure out how I will get the caps off and if I want to preserve their functional condition before I do this mod.

I popped mine off and threw them in the trash, they never moved on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squeals at idle goes away when the clutch locks up all I did was drill the cat out with a taper bit and cleaned all the shavings out and bolted back on and richened it up.

I pulled the muffler off my cs4400 this evening.. all ready to rip the guts out.. to my surprise there was nothing in there.. from what I could tell it was pretty much a hollow can with a side pipe going into the screen and deflector, I took the screen and deflector off but didnt notice any difference.. Is there any way to mod this muffler? thanks!

Latest posts

Back