Echo CS-4400 Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I know this saw is mediocre at best, but it was given to me so I figured I would get it running.

It was straight gassed, and I was able to find a reasonably priced piston and seals for it, and at the time, the cylinder looked hopeful. However, after doing some cleaning, the plating is worn off around the ports.

With that said, there is virtually zero aftermarket parts for these saws.

So my question for you guys, does anybody have a good cylinder for these saws that they would be interested in selling cheap? I know the saw isn't worth much, but its very clean and worth putting a few bucks into it. To buy an oem one I'm looking at the cost of a new saw so I can't go that route, and Ebay doesn't seem to have anything for this saw either.

Or if a possibility, can somebody in the know, tell me if a cs-4200 cylinder and piston would work with a cs-4400 crankcase and crank? Cs-4600?

I know it is 2mm smaller piston diameter, is that the only difference? I can find an aftermarket set for that saw.

Ill look and see but i know you can take a CS440 and drop a CS520 motor in it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call it mediocre though...these were actually really good saws, people may lament that they didnt make huge power or turn 15,000 rpms..but they were well balanced and dead reliable.

Looking at the ipls...the 4200 and 4400 are quite different in design

Thanks for the help guys. I will continue looking for a new cylinder, but it isn't likely going to happen unless I want to pony up for oem parts that cost more than the saw is worth.

Back