Echo cs-501p vs Husqvarna 545

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manugoss

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new 50cc saw. We have been runnig Shindaiwa 488 forever but they are no longer available new. A few years ago we replace one of them for a Jonsered CS2252/H usqvarna 545 and I am very please with the saw. I really like the extra power and better anti-vibe system compared to the old 488. The local chainsaw dealer has the 2252 and the echo 501p on sale right now and about the same $$. He suggest that I get the echo. It is lighter and supposedly more powerfull. I realy like the 2252 my only complait would be that it does not always start as easily as the shindaiwa. Which new saw should I get?? I would say my criteria is reliability, comfort and power is a nice to have but not the most important. These saw are used all day long to fell/limb medium size tree so comfort/weight is more important to me. Thanks

I say the echo I use to own 2 stihls. Sold them and bought a echo 620 about 1 yr ago. And recently just found a cs 400 from a pawn shop for 70 bucks. Did a muffler mod and retuned with a sharp chain that little saw is a beast I’ve had no problems both saws sip gas and never had a problem starting. But that’s just my 2cents

I got a bunch of Echo's, and one of them is the consumer version of the CS-501P, the CS-490.

I bought this saw mainly because I got a really super deal on a brand new saw. But I've been pretty impressed with it's ease of starting, fairly compact size and low weight, and it's power.
Add the features of the 501P: aluminum handlebar, see through tank, decomp switch, and 20% more power, and that'd be a tough saw to beat if it was on sale.
A pound less, and most likely more powerful and easier to start than the 2252. I know which one I'd choose.

Hmmm, I’m surprised there haven’t been more to jump in on this topic . Would like to give my two cents, but am also curious on the subject

If you're used to the Shindawa I'd say go with the Echo. It should feel more familiar. The 501p/490 is a fantastic saw. Just got my new shipment in for spring time with four 490s. Though id be very tempted to spend the extra $50 and move from the 490 to the 590.

I have a 390xp, a Cs590, and a ms250, was maybe looking to get a 50cc at some point to take the place of my 250. The dealer I go to has Husky and Echo, told me the 545, and the 501 are both good saws. More less just whichever one I want. Im just hoping more people will weigh in on the topic that have run both saws, maybe side by side.

Latest posts

Back