Echo CS-510-clutch troubleshooting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been reading various posts for months now looking for answers. More than half the time i was able to figure things out from others wisdom. Im mechanically inclined but these small motors are a different animal. Ive been tring to stick to some of the same make saws looking to see similarities but i keep buying different brands just becausr its a solid model of the make.. You seem to lime the poulans so im asking for advice. I bought a dayton 17in 50+ year old saw pratically brand new. Poulan 361. So when i bought it im convinced old gas killed it. The put full choke on 1 pull and it would have kept running i believe if he would have slid the choke to half quickly. Thats how strong it turned over. After that it never started again. I toom the screws off the top of tge choke( first person to ever do that) and it loomed decent. I tired to force to to run by drowning it with starter fluid after changing tbe gas pf course. Unconventional buti gpt itto run without any good trigger response by running it with one carb screw removed. Basically i wad just able to keep it running. I cant even figure out how to remove the carb for cleaning. Its so clean from observing tge top that it doesnt need rebuilt. I know i seem like a lost cause but id appreciate if ypu could tell me something

Todays fuels contain additives and ethanol that destroy carburetors. I quit rebuilding them years ago. My advise go on ebay and buy a cheap aftermarket carb and replace the old one. Go to the local lawnmower shop and get some Tygon brand fuel line and a Walbro brand in tank fuel filter and replace both. Beware on ebay vendors will list crappy fuel line as Tygon but its not. Make sure any ebay purchase ships from the usa and use Ethanol free fuel only. The canned fuels like Tru Fuel are nothing but straight ethanol free fuel. When saw is not in use start and run it once a month that way it will be ready for you when you are ready for it. Message me if you need further assistance. Good luck my friend this is not a difficult job to do.

Back