Echo CS-590 Timberwolf exhaust plate needed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cebiginalaska

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I was wondering if the exhaust plate is really needed on the 590 Timberwolf? What is it supposed to do? I let my cousin use my 590 and it came back without an exhaust plate. No big deal. I thought that I could order one easily. I have not contacted Echo support yet. Just searched their website "contact us" for part replacement. I was going to purchase another one because they are so cheap but unfortunately the site(s) that I have checked do not want to ship to Alaska. Or the shipping for these two parts is above 20 dollars; even they can be shipped USPS with an envelope for 61 cents.

If the 5 year warranty turns out to be useless for someone in Alaska. I was wondering if I should just send this to someone on this forum to get it ported and get a light muffler mod as I have not done a porting job myself. I have limited experience taking apart engines and putting them back together. I have no experience taking apart and putting back together a chainsaw. How much does a porting job for the 590 usually cost?

Edit: I purchased this from a company that provided free shipping to Alaska but would not take a return if gas was put through the chainsaw. Even if they have it in the "shop" if they think that gas was put into the saw, we would have to pay for them to ship it back to us. I don't think that they would provide support for some missing parts.

Plate.jpg Plateship.jpg

Strange how can you asses if the saw's a "Good Un" with out fueling up & starting the saw which then means you have to pay shipping if it's a waranty claim Strange business Practice

Yes it is weird about that companies business practice. Read some good reviews on here from people who have tried this saw before ordering it. I should have read the fine print before ordering that saw but I was happy about the free shipping so I ordered it before looking at their refund policy.
My cousin does not have a job and has no money. He couldn't even buy a soda at the store. Granted a 12 oz can is 2 dollars here but he is that broke.
No the muffler was not taken apart. It is the plate that is on the outside of the muffler. My phone broke and I don't have a camera to take a picture of it. I downloaded a picture from google and edited it with microsoft paint 3d around that plate that went missing.

269058-chainsaws-echo-cs59020.jpg

Yes it is #1 and 2. The skinny black plate and the screw. I tried to use a big magnet and sweep the place he used the chainsaw. I was unable to find it even the muffler seem to be magnetized. I still haven't contacted Echo. Might just leave it as for now.

That's odd I've never seen one come loose and some have many hours on them.
Just don't go too extreme on a muff mod on those
You'll find out why quickly.

That's odd I've never seen one come loose and some have many hours on them.
Just don't go too extreme on a muff mod on those
You'll find out why quickly.
why?
is just taking the muffler deflector out all you need to do? that is cake compared to the honey comb catalyst in the older ones....

why?
is just taking the muffler deflector out all you need to do? that is cake compared to the honey comb catalyst in the older ones....
images (5).jpg A lot of guys do this. Its a straight shot from exhaust port to the deflector the muff is just for looks at this point. Its also stupid loud. That piece in the deflector is the biggest restriction in the muffler.

yea i mean number 4 the inner one....i would keep the outer one to deflect the hot exhaust where it should go the other way LOl...looks like a gravy mod....

@James Miller, that what I’ve done/do.... gives good results along with removing #4. Leave the outer one to deflect the hot gasses.....but isVERY LOUD!!!
IMG_20170624_145806.jpgThis is how the one on my ported 590 is done. The baffle plate inside has the 3 small holes opened to make one big hole on each side about an inch tall by half inch wide. Good flow but not near the noise.

View attachment 607883 A lot of guys do this. Its a straight shot from exhaust port to the deflector the muff is just for looks at this point. Its also stupid loud. That piece in the deflector is the biggest restriction in the muffler.

Can you tell me what the factory hole diameter is under the spark arrestor ?

Latest posts

Back