Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles86

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Howdy;

Can anyone explain these two models as far as the price difference and any performance differences?

cs-590

cc: 59.8
price: $450-460

cs-600P

cc:59.8
price: $560-590 ??
why is this one so much more? It look very much like the cs-590 size wise.

Echo claims the cs-590 timberwoof has more power than same size stihl and husqvarna?? They do not give the comparion models form Stihl - Husqvarna.??Ok they did on the pdf chart-stihl 290 stihl 291 and husqvarna 455 rancher, so that is the category for this saw.

See it here:
Chainsaws, Professional-Grade Chain Saws, Top Handle Chain Saws | ECHO USA

I did do a search on this but I didn't get any results so if this is already been discussed sorry in advance, thanks again.

ps : I saw a husqvarna saw ad on TV this weekend and they pronouced husqvarna "hoosqvarna", is that right? :msp_confused:

Last edited:
The CS-590 is a trimmed down version of the CS-600. it has less power and some cheaper components (handlebar, bar & chain). It's aimed at the farm/ranch market, and if it runs anything like the CS-600 (We have them in stock but I have not run one) it should be a good seller. IMO it is priced very well.

Thanks again Edge for this info, yes the price looks very good.

Is there a way to compare vibration and noise on echo chainsaw products with the values husky post?

I've run a 600P and husky 460 side by side, same bar/chain length length and make in same wood. Comparable in noise and vibes IMO. I'm sure there's a difference, but not much. I think the Echo is smoother, but that could be just because I prefer my Echo.

Is there a way to compare vibration and noise on echo chainsaw products with the values husky post?

Not that I know of... But I'll attest to the fantastic performance, anti-vibe, quietness, and fuel economy of the cs600..
It's a great saw...
The 562xp Husqvarna is the Belle of the ball in that category though...
Also costs more...
Trade off...

Not that I know of... But I'll attest to the fantastic performance, anti-vibe, quietness, and fuel economy of the cs600..
It's a great saw...
The 562xp Husqvarna is the Belle of the ball in that category though...
Also costs more...
Trade off...

Fair to say the 600P falls between the 460 rancher and the 562, in price and performance.
Nothing I can see in the 590 from the pics/literature so far, lead me to believe it'll be much different than the 600P. I'm guessing, lower grade laminated oregon bar vs the pro-comp, someone else mentioned spur drive vs rim, and a few other lower cost parts to bring the price down is all.
Hope my dealer actually gets one in soon so I can take a look at it.

just got home with the demo 590, headin to woods shortly to give it a run, i'll report back later......................040...............:smile2:

Last edited:
Fair to say the 600P falls between the 460 rancher and the 562, in price and performance.
Nothing I can see in the 590 from the pics/literature so far, lead me to believe it'll be much different than the 600P. I'm guessing, lower grade laminated oregon bar vs the pro-comp, someone else mentioned spur drive vs rim, and a few other lower cost parts to bring the price down is all.
Hope my dealer actually gets one in soon so I can take a look at it.

I will see soon, whether the 600 fails to keep up with the 562 in speed. Hopefully one of the boys in Iowa has a stock 562 for a good comparison side by side... And we'll weigh them... full of fuel and Oil...

I will see soon, whether the 600 fails to keep up with the 562 in speed. Hopefully one of the boys in Iowa has a stock 562 for a good comparison side by side... And we'll weigh them... full of fuel and Oil...

Honestly, I'll be MORE surprised if it does keep up, stock vs stock.
Does outcut a 460 Rancher stock though.
Like I said, between, not equal to a 562..

Honestly, I'll be MORE surprised if it does keep up, stock vs stock.
Does outcut a 460 Rancher stock though.
Like I said, between, not equal to a 562..

Me too...
But I'm from the show-me state...
I've run both, and like both.. Just never head to head...
Should be good info regardless...
Do you run all 3???
I have never run the 460 Rancher...

Me too...
But I'm from the show-me state...
I've run both, and like both.. Just never head to head...
Should be good info regardless...
Do you run all 3???
I have never run the 460 Rancher...

I've only run the 460 (2 buddys I cut with have them).
Definitely not up to the 600 stock vs stock.
And my 600 isn't fully broken in yet either.
Honestly, no one I run with has any pro level huskys.. Most are firewood hacks like me.
No hardwood experience either. Pretty well limited to softwood around here.

well, fresh out of the woods, i'll only compare the 590 to my 600p, and i must say it runs just as well, not sure if the part number change on the p/c is for different port changes, because it really does run excellent, only issue i saw was less oil than i would like to see on the chain, otherwise without any mods, and only stock, it's an awesome saw for what they will be selling for, a few pics...................:rock:................View attachment 289519View attachment 289521View attachment 289522View attachment 289523View attachment 289524

Last edited:
wanted to add, that the saw sips fuel, it still had fuel left when i was done with all my cutting.................:msp_biggrin:

Only outward difference I can see is the translucent fuel tank....

yeah, the tank is easy see new, but that could change and be hard to see the fuel level after only a small amount of fade....................:msp_sleep:

Back