Echo CS-590 timberwolf vs. Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to pick up a Cs-590 at a good sale price.
Does anyone know if the chain sprocket is the same as either of the ones on my echo cs-520 or cs-670? I'm hoping I can use my bar/chains from either one of those saws on the 590.
590 is 3/8, same mount as the cs-600p/670/680/8000. D176 I think.

D176 Oregon will work, but the A176 is the proper mount, because of the pin type tensioner. I have used the large and small Husky bars also.

590 update........ thanks to Alan its great :) :) it pulls like a monster, tons of torque. and runs and oils a 24" bar hard

I just got in from noodleing a 40" log I got from dad.... Alan said to work it hard :)

After comparing the 20" 590 Timberwolf bar to several large mount Husky bars. It seems the 70 dl 20" is actually more like 19". It falls squarely between my 68dl 18" and my 72 dl 20".

Point is, with a bar change off the shelf chain options improve greatly.

Glad ya like it Cobey! I kinda miss having it here in the woods, I'm gonna half ta go back into this 600 and try to make it pull like your 590.

i put the bar spacers to make the studs tighter in the bar, it oils even better now :) i have never run a 59cc
that pulls like this saw... some faster, but not torquier

Glad ya like it Cobey! I kinda miss having it here in the woods, I'm gonna half ta go back into this 600 and try to make it pull like your 590.

you get lots of macs, and that killer deer saw, and jred :)

Hey AWOL ,do u know if the 620 unlimited coil will fit the 600s?
Jughead thinks it will,but not 100% sure.

the 590 is a good saw but the stock bar is crap the nose wants to flare out after a couple weeks of use.
i recommend a decent bar if you proceed to keep it.

Im used to tunein by sound ,dont know if it is 4strokin or bumpin the coil.
All my other saws are not limited so thats why i was lookin for one.

Guess ill have to start lookin for one.:D
Yeah, it will, but Cobey is right, I don't think you need it. They have a heavy, full-skirted piston and are real good at pulling hard and working hard. I'm gonna try to fit a slab-sided 45mm piston and lighter connecting rod to one someday. The carb also has a bypass on the high side, so even if you turn the high screw in all the way, it still may run to rich.

Back