Echo CS-620PW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't try to turn them before removal. I've done enough of these saws at this point to know that you will not have enough room within the factory limitations to correctly tune them, so we remove the stops on the limiter caps before firing them up.

The idle was so lean it would barely stay running, but the "H" speed didn't appear that far off. This was not the final testing, as it was too icy to put it in a log and see if it needs further tuning on the "H" speed screw under full load.....more to come....Cliff

Sorry for the long delay, a full knee replacement had me out of action for a while.

First trip to the woods today with the CS-620PW. First I'll say that I wasn't really expecting to see much difference between the CS-600P and CS-620. They are both 60cc and I've already outran my Husqvarna 262XP with the 600P, so it's a strong runner for 60cc for sure.

I dropped three decent size Ash trees with the 600P, simply because I have a 24" bar on it and one of the Ash trees was pushing 26" at the base. Once they hit the ground we got out the 620PW and made a few cuts. Had to add more fuel a couple of times with the "H" screw and just a tad more with the "L" to get a stable idle with it. I also didn't want to have it lean for any reason for the first tank of fuel, so I made sure it was "four stroking" nicely out of the cut at no-load.

I was pretty impressed with the 620PW. The power difference over the 600P is certainly there. It's not going to be better by leaps and bounds, but it loves high rpms and PLENTY of power for a 20" bar for sure. Didn't do any timed test cutting simply because the 600P was running a longer 24" bar and I wanted to put a few tanks through the 620PW and nail the tune down.

Even without running them with the stop watch, the 620PW is quite impressive, even on the first tank of fuel. It even has a different sound to it compared to the 600P, and for sure it's not going to be any slower when we get down to doing timed cuts with both of them in the same log......Cliff

Sorry for the long delay, a full knee replacement had me out of action for a while.

First trip to the woods today with the CS-620PW. First I'll say that I wasn't really expecting to see much difference between the CS-600P and CS-620. They are both 60cc and I've already outran my Husqvarna 262XP with the 600P, so it's a strong runner for 60cc for sure.

I dropped three decent size Ash trees with the 600P, simply because I have a 24" bar on it and one of the Ash trees was pushing 26" at the base. Once they hit the ground we got out the 620PW and made a few cuts. Had to add more fuel a couple of times with the "H" screw and just a tad more with the "L" to get a stable idle with it. I also didn't want to have it lean for any reason for the first tank of fuel, so I made sure it was "four stroking" nicely out of the cut at no-load.

I was pretty impressed with the 620PW. The power difference over the 600P is certainly there. It's not going to be better by leaps and bounds, but it loves high rpms and PLENTY of power for a 20" bar for sure. Didn't do any timed test cutting simply because the 600P was running a longer 24" bar and I wanted to put a few tanks through the 620PW and nail the tune down.

Even without running them with the stop watch, the 620PW is quite impressive, even on the first tank of fuel. It even has a different sound to it compared to the 600P, and for sure it's not going to be any slower when we get down to doing timed cuts with both of them in the same log......Cliff

Hey Cliff,

Did you do a compression test on the CS-620PW?

What about porting the cylinder?

Thanks

No compression test and really no reason to do one. I woln't be "porting" on it either, not really into that sort of thing. I'm just about fully recovered from the knee replacement and getting back to cutting a lot of wood again. No time in the schedule at the moment for any testing between the saws. I'll get more serious about that once things cool down some, been really hot here the past few weeks, certainly not the best weather to do any testing for sure.......Cliff

Finally got to spend some time with the CS-620PW. Carefully removed the limiter caps, ground of the stops and put them back in place. I also removed the muffler deflector and opened it up as shown in the picture.

This entire process takes less than 20 minutes, these saws are very easy to work on.

The saw fired on the 3rd pull and was WAY to lean on the "L" speed screw, but not far off at all on the "H" speed screw. Had to move the "L" screw apprx 1/4 turn rich and the "H" speed screw about one screwdriver blade rich. There was too much ice here to get to the woods for any cutting. Warmer weather is on the way so should be able to at least get to the wood pile and cut up a few huge chunks of Ash to get a feel for how the saw is going to perform......Cliff

View attachment 545196 View attachment 545198 View attachment 545199 View attachment 545200 View attachment 545201 View attachment 545202
I'm new to this site, and it's information like this that brings me here as well as information about managing my 25 acres of wood in my back yard. It's a bit challenging. I am picking up an Echo 620P instead of a Stihl MS 261 C-M. The Echo has more bang for the buck, but it's still tough trying to figure out which to buy. That electronic tuning is a bit of a turn off. I heard Echos are very reliable as well as easy to work on.

Back