ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Echo cs-800p

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Idahonative, Dec 9, 2015.

1. James Miller

James Miller Addicted to ArboristSite

If your against the limiter with a stock 590 or even muff modded your extremely lean. Stock most of them are happiest around 12k. The limiter is 13.5k. My ported 590 with a firewood tune will stay off the limiter and just tag it now and then setup to play at a gtg.

2. James Miller

James Miller Addicted to ArboristSite

Theres a new 70cc echo in real world testing now. Don't know if it's based on the 600 series case though.

3. Kcdub1000

Kcdub1000 ArboristSite Lurker

The limited coil is definitely not a issue. But tuneing by ear with out a tach. to know where I was I couldn't tell you if that was the ignition cutting or a 4 stroke.. both sound rich to me..so I eliminated that concern on mine..

According to my tach my 590 is free spinning up to around 10,000 rpm. If I can trust it.. I'm no where near 12,000. I Still have room to lean it out some..

4. Kcdub1000

Kcdub1000 ArboristSite Lurker

It's crazy after some port jobs guys couldn't get this carb to lean enough. Even closing the h screw off, were still calling it rich, from what the bypass would feed. If I recall I think I'm about 1 turn out or so on my h screw.. so plenty of adj left. I did remove the snorkel in the air cleaner and replaced with a spacer. and put 2 holes in rear of the cover for air flow so it didn't have to pull it from its elaborate path it had to travel to get there. Holes can be closed due to conditions (dust or water)

I always try to error on the rich side of my tunes. Tuning saws is relitavly new to me, but been tweaking dirt bikes for some time. Always ran my bikes a little rich, still do.. if I was racing and rebuilding every weekend that's a diffrent story.

Isn't there a cs680 saw that is really close to 70.cc that comes with that awesome air cleaner? Or is that a older model? I think it's up in the cs800 price range though.

5. Cliff R

Cliff R Addicted to ArboristSite

The best method to tune the "H" speed screw is to start out noticeably rich. Not "blubbering" and barely running but 4-stroking easily when the load is removed. Start leaning it up and making cuts, removing the load about mid-way thru the cut to make sure it's 4-stroking. Keep leaning it up and continue making cuts until you obtain best cutting performance, but still 4-stroking when the load is removed. If you are unsure about going lean fatten it back up slightly and cutting performance should fall off slightly and 4-stroking easier when the load is removed. It's one of those thing you need to sneak up on, and ALWAYS er just a tad rich vs a tad lean.

The rev-limiter can be a little annoying as part of the final tune if it is set too low, which isn't really a problem with the CS-590's I've set-up here. The CS-360T is another story, the rev-limiter is set too low making it difficult to tell the difference between a correct "H" speed screw setting and being on the limiter. The CS-360T would be a much better saw without a limited coil.....IMHO........Cliff

pavel408, James Miller and Kcdub1000 like this.