Echo cs-800p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so the porting is different the carb is bigger the coil bla bla bla. I've talked to guys that have been in them. The muff is the same other than the entrance from the exhaust on the jug.

I tried to get him to port my two saws for me. No interest he said he is not taking on new jobs and doesn't know when he will be. So I went to mastermind he got me penciled in for the 25th of August for my 372.

The wait for Randy is worth it Big Block...you won't be disappointed. He's a class act and that's all I'm gonna say:).

Not all of us can be professional firewood hacks running Stihl and Husky.
I was genuinely interested in the carb problem you asked for help about. And genuinely interested in helping or learning about what help you may have received.
Now you're accusing me of brand bashing and going on about how you cannot afford equivalent of a Stihl or Husqvarna as you spend as much if not more than one will cost you.
;)

I was genuinely interested in the carb problem you asked for help about. And genuinely interested in helping or learning about what help you may have received.
Now you're accusing me of brand bashing and going on about how you cannot afford equivalent of a Stihl or Husqvarna as you spend as much if not more than one will cost you.
;)

Hold on Jim...I was cutting up with you, hence the "smiley face" and "LOL". I'm not accusing you of anything and I'm sorry if you took it that way. Sometimes these posts are a lot like texts in that the other person can't hear the voice or see the body language. I'm really sorry you took it that way.

And to let you know about the carb: Another member was kind enough to send his carb to Randy to try on my 800p but Randy had already sent the saw back to me. So Randy sent the carb to me and I received it the day before I was to go with my cousin to cut up the tree in the vid above. I've got the bigger carb sitting here at the house but have not had time to mess with it. And after this last trip, I'm not sure it needs a bigger carb for soft wood. It seems to pull a 36" bar with authority in 40" Red Fir and I believe it will only get better as it breaks in.

The carb your looking for is a Walbro HDA-45, which was used on the 8000p. The casting size is larger, like an early HD. Throttle bore is 19.5mm, with a 23mm choke bore. They are around if you look, the last one I bought was new via Ebay. Part number 12300030830.

The carb your looking for is a Walbro HDA-45, which was used on the 8000p. The casting size is larger, like an early HD. Throttle bore is 19.5mm, with a 23mm choke bore. They are around if you look, the last one I bought was new via Ebay. Part number 12300030830.

The carb Larry sent to try was off his cs-8000 and is the HDA 63-1. The OEM carb for the 800p is the HDA 153B.

I will look into the HDA-45 you speak of...thanks.

It would be nice if someone could post some pictures of a modified muffler. For the cs-8000, I know it would help alot of us get it right the first time.

I have thoroughly loved this thread as I've been on the fence between the cs800, the 576 xp, or the ms461. Now I'm leaning back to the 800, but I have a few followup questions for Idahonative and would like to revive the tread.

Have you given the larger carb a shot? How has your cs 800 been this past year? How much did the port cost and do you think it was worth the $?

Big thanks for all the info you put in previously.

Hello. First post here. I have read and learned alot here. So thank you every one. I am posting here because this thread seems to deal directly with porting the cs800..
20190310_154237.jpg

Any way I am posting here because I recently bought a cs800 for a decent deal on Ebay. I also decided to do my first ever port job on the saw. I did run it for a day on some smaller oak. To make sure it ran and to see how it would do. It was not to bad, however I never buried the bar either. Previous saw in this size i had was a stihl ms460 mag pre epa. That was a great saw.

So not knowing any numbers for this 800 I figured I probably should stick to mainly widing the ports and not adj timing to much on my first build.
20190401_142016.jpg

So here are the numbers I got.

Stock:
Ex: 102
Tr: 124
In: 108
Bd: 22

Compreshion: 121 psi @ruffly 3000 elevation.

Squish: .051

I decided to bump compreshion up. Seems low compared to the OP 145 psi out of the box.

So I cut the base. And left the gasket.

20190408_120955.jpg

After base cut

Squish: .028
Compreshion: 150psi @ ruffly 3000 elevation.

I adj the transfers and exhaust back up as close to stock as I could get it with my final numbers at.

Ex: 102.5
Tr: 125
In: 104
Bd:22.5
20190408_170443.jpg

20190408_170545.jpg

Exhaust port widened to 63% of bore diameter. I couldn't widen intake to much due to transfers.
Here is intake
20190408_170521.jpg

I'm not expecting this saw to be a real high revver. It should be capable of moving more air and fuel though. The intake was very mismatched. The steel ring they press into the intake needed to be blended bad. I am going to go today and tune it in some big dry oak.

I do have the walbro 63-1 carb on order . I am going to try this saw out with stock carb and then try the 63.

I am hoping for a saw that dosnt want to bog. I should throw my tach on but its riding on top of my cs590 rite now. (Another project)
I will post back how it ran.. hope she dont pop her top..

Here is a quick video of today. I wanted to run the saw all the way through the log but there was tension on where I was cutting. I did not want to get the saw stuck first thing. I think its definatly running a little rich. If I really lean on it it will clean up and pull nicely. This is stock chain running 40:1 in oak that has bein drying for 3 or 4 years now. Once we dig the bigger logs out of the stack and make them safer to cut I will possibley post another video of the saw fully tuned

Dose any one have any numbers for this saw that work well?

I'm curious what the bigger carb will do. I hope it fits. Any one ever tried putting the 8000 carb on the 800 yet? I see it was mentioned early on. I realize this thread is old. And there doesn't seem to be much info out there on these.

So far there are only 2 things that I'm not fond of on this saw. Ok 3 ..all pretty minor.

1. The bar oil never stops flowing if the saw is running. (Leaks worse than my chevy)

2. No compreshion release. Dosnt have to have it but would be nice.

3. I do not like the plug you have to pull to adj the carb screws. If you dont put it back between adj. You will suck dust strait into your engine. and it is a total pain to push in and out. But once its tuned you shouldn't have to mess with it to much.

I am loving both my new echos the 590 and this 800.

Nice to see someone show the big echo some love. I handled an 800 a few times but ended up with a 7910 as my big saw. Your 590 should show good gains from porting also

Yeah thanks James! I have been thinking about porting the 590 since there seems to be way more info available for porting that saw. Just a mm and tune made a big difference. I threw a 620 coil on for ease of tuning. It runs very well. I can only imagine after a decent port job.

I have never run a dolmar before. How do you like it? They look like nice saws.

Yeah thanks James! I have been thinking about porting the 590 since there seems to be way more info available for porting that saw. Just a mm and tune made a big difference. I threw a 620 coil on for ease of tuning. It runs very well. I can only imagine after a decent port job.

I have never run a dolmar before. How do you like it? They look like nice saws.
My ported 590 was going to be my big saw till someone offered to buy the 7910 for me.
The 7910 is light weight for its displacement till you take a 462 for a spin. Good antivibe great power. Wish it had the 13.5k coil the original 7900 had I might do the 272 coil swap and make it unlimited some day.
Wish I had a 620 coil and carb for my ported 590 I think they would make good finishing touches to the work that was done.

Here's one done by Red who posts here. He's got the Echo's figured out.

I'd be willing to bet it'd make a 462 look like a $1200 paperweight. :cool:[/QUOTE]

That's a nice saw there. That's the older grey one. That should be a 2 transfer port cylinder. with a flat top piston I believe. There dose seem to be some info on this cylinder set up but not to much on the newer quad with domed piston.

My ported 590 was going to be my big saw till someone offered to buy the 7910 for me.
The 7910 is light weight for its displacement till you take a 462 for a spin. Good antivibe great power. Wish it had the 13.5k coil the original 7900 had I might do the 272 coil swap and make it unlimited some day.
Wish I had a 620 coil and carb for my ported 590 I think they would make good finishing touches to the work that was done.

Yeah i found it tough to tune the limited coil with out a tach. It was hard to hear the switch between the 4 stroke and the ignition cutting out. At least for me. I was curious how the 620 timing would effect a stock ported 590. Seems to work fine. I'm sure it would top off a port job though. They are kind of expensive though as you know.
If I could do it over I would have just bought the 620. I have spent the same amount on the 590 but it's still dosnt have the better porting of the 620. Oh well. Maybe I will give the 590 a go at porting..
I had a hard enough time getting my RA grinder in a 80.cc cylinder,how am I ever going to get it in a 60.cc cylinder?!

And then there is the carb on the 590.. has those crazy high and low bypass deals in it.. fix is plug hole in bottom of main jet to be able to fully tune it I believe for the stock carb.. its amazing that between the rev limiter and bypass in the carb that you can still cook these saws from what I've read. And seen in pictures of some of the used 590 cylinders of Ebay.. yikes!

I've never seen the limited coil on the 590 as an issue, it's set well above where it runs in the cut.

The horror stories about smoked P/C's are simply from folks who didn't take the time to remove the limited caps and custom tune them. The CS-590 more than the CS-600/620's are super lean right out of the box. Some are so lean they woln't even rev well until fully warmed up.

Echo needs to build a 70-75 cc saw on the CS-620 platform, they are missing a nice chunk of the market......IMHO......

Back