Echo CS2511T Carb Settings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by my dealer yesterday and he had one still in the box. Said he was swamped. Moved 2 490s a 590 and a 355t. I'l stop In today and check it out. Probably gona be a lot of cheap used Echos in my area in a few years that just need carbs cleaned

Since you already voided the warranty by pulling the limiters you should pull the cat out of the muffler and let us know what the 2511 is really capable of :lol:.

If you have a tach, idle should be set to 3200 and full throttle is listed at 12,200-13,400. I set mine somewhere in the middle after my muffler mod. It rips pretty good with a 12" 91VXL chain. That is my favorite chain, although it will chatter and grab in certain types of wood. It does get better after several sharpenings. The second half of the life of the chain is much more enjoyable than the first.

I have had the same issue of it dying when sometimes when returning to idle after full throttle. I'm assuming I need to tinker with the low side screw some more. Did you ever figure out why yours was doing that?

If you have a tach, idle should be set to 3200 and full throttle is listed at 12,200-13,400. I set mine somewhere in the middle after my muffler mod. It rips pretty good with a 12" 91VXL chain. That is my favorite chain, although it will chatter and grab in certain types of wood. It does get better after several sharpenings. The second half of the life of the chain is much more enjoyable than the first.

I have had the same issue of it dying when sometimes when returning to idle after full throttle. I'm assuming I need to tinker with the low side screw some more. Did you ever figure out why yours was doing that?

Just curious as I just got one of these 2511s... where'd you find the full throttle listing? My manual states the idle at 3200 but has no mention of a high end..

So far, with about seven refills, I really like it. I wish I would have gotten a small, light weight saw a long time ago.
No doubt. I just bought a PPT-2620 power pruner last week and a 2511T today. My first top handle, not counting my old Stihl 009L, and I'm glad I got the smallest lightest one ever. Also my first power pruner. Both long overdue.
I guess it's the same motor in both, but the 2511 is somehow spec'd at a higher horsepower.

I'll be using both of these a lot.

I’ve been having a hard time getting mine to tune properly, before and after muffler mod. It seems to occasionally want to hesitate just off idle regardless of the L setting and then four strokes way up in the RPM range. Sometimes like 15K-16K. I’m getting a new battery for my tach cause it seems to be a little slow reading RPMs. I will say though that this little thing is a beast for 25cc’s.

Hi guys
I am from france and have finish the muffler mod on my 2511t.

Can you say me what max RPM you adjust the carb with muffler mod?
Mine is 10 or 15 tanks use

I wouldn't broke the engine with to hi rpm or to lean adjust

Thanks for answer
Jo

Attachments

• 20190817_113924.jpg
    20190817_113924.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 29
Other see of muffler mod

Attachments

• 20190816_192245.jpg
    20190816_192245.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 52
Other one
The catalysor was total removed and the two external parts welded
Then à hole drilled and short stainless steel tube welded

Attachments

• 20190721_132035.jpg
    20190721_132035.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
I have test the 2511t before muffler mod
In same peace of hard wood

7 second original muffler
5 second muffler mod des

I have made à muffler mod on ms261cm if some one is interressed ;)

Hi everybody

the exhaust has been cut as you will see in the photos.

this to remove the inner part containing the honeycomb catalyst.

I removed the catalyst to prevent its fouling with carbon gases do not change the flow of gas over time but also to facilitate the flow.

the two outer parts were then welded and the original outlet sealed by welding so that the gases relax at maximum in the exhaust and exit the opposite of the gas inlet in the silencer.

and finally a hole made best with the welding of a 13mm stainless steel tube inclined inner diameter to direct the gas where I machined the plastic housing and the tube slightly flattened to have an opening of about 60 to 70% of the entry into the muffler.

the welding was done at tig and it was very difficult because the stainless steel sheet of the silencer is extremely fine.
brazing might be more appropriate.

I attach you photos in illustrations

cordially
Joseph

Latest posts

Back