Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Echo CS2511T

Discussion in 'Arborist 101' started by Brian55, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Brian55

Brian55 ArboristSite Lurker

Anyone using an Echo CS2511T? If so what chain are you using and has it been working well? I've gone through three loops of Oregon 91VXL045 (including the one that came with the saw) without any of them lasting to the first sharpening. They start to chatter worse than my teeth on a -20 degree winter day within the first few cuts. Then start to snag and stop the chain completely until removing the saw from the cut, revving the piss out of it, then gently placing it back in the cut. In all my years of chainsaw use, I've only had this happen one other time on an MS192, but It was obvious which link snagged because it was was clearly bent up and out, so I ground it off on the bench grinder and continued to use the chain for many many sharpenings. These chains on the CS2511T look fine, they just chatter and snag to the point where I'm ready to trash bin this saw.

2. greengreer

greengreer ArboristSite Operative

I have had that problem with the 91vxl as well. You can file it into submission, but it's rather annoying to have to do that out of the box.
    I don't have a 2511 (yet, waiting for them to sell with 1/4p in the us) but I have been running stihl 63ps on my t540xp, although full chisel may not be the best solution for the little 2511. I'd try a stihl semi chisel or switch it over to 1/4"

Brian55 likes this.
  3. Hoodiegadoo

Hoodiegadoo ArboristSite Member

Have you tried to take some of the angle out of the rakers by sharpening the chain?

4. Brian55

Going to try some green sticker safety chain.

5. caesarleigh

caesarleigh ArboristSite Lurker

@Brian55 : How is the chain chatter situation? Any resolution? What kind of wood are you cutting?

6. Brian55

I've only used the saw a couple times since new. The green sticker chain is much better. The chatter issues with the 91VXL were the same on both Birch and Apple.

7. crotchclimber

crotchclimber ArboristSite Operative

Try the WoodlandPRO 30LP in .050 gauge or 34LP if you want to switch to .043 gauge. My experience with the 91vxl is chattery as well. The rebranded Carlton chain (woodlandpro) is better. Or try Stihl 63PM

Brian55 likes this.